Newbie- Video Messed up in Twilight Zone and No Audio for Star Trek TNG

psycho_klown66

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
I just started yesterday and having a blast revisiting some of these pinball games.

So far, these are working great with no problems:
Elvira and the Party Monster
Star Wars
Tales from the Crypt
Sopranos

-------------------------------------
For Star Trek TNG 2.2, the sounds are not playing. The only sounds that are playing seems to be just the default bumper sounds and that's about it.

I deleted both .vpt and .vpcache files, redownloaded.
F1 -> Both "Use Sound" and "Use Samples" is checked on

-------------------------------------
For Twilight Zone (both version 1.1 and 1.2 from the author's website), the video looks "misplaced".

I deleted both .vpt and .vpcache files, redownloaded.
Tried both 1.1 from this website and 1.2 from the author's website.
I've noticed that in the editor, it doesn't have a background image like the others that I've played.

tzeditorlt1.jpg

tzingameyo8.jpg

For ST:TNG, it sounds like you may just need to turn up the ROM volume, as the default is very low. Press END to open the coin door, then 9 to raise the volume or 8 to lower it, if needed. (Don't use the numeric keypad numbers, they won't work.)

For TZ, it looks like a non-4:3 ratio is being used. Try playing at 1024x768 or some other 4:3 ratio resolution. You can adjust what VP uses in Preferences > Video Options.

And about the background image, it means nothing... Just whether or not the author chose to have it displayed in the editor at the time he last saved the table.

well that's because your table is a locked version. you won't see the table image nor can you ever change anything on either the table or the script. due to copyrights I think, but on most of my tables that are redos of commercial ones most of them do not have the table graphics shown but when you start the game there it is...

oh ok just read that last post I didn't even think ofthat, but yeah when I save my WIP's (works in progress) without the table graphics shown he's right it doesn't show up till you actually start the table...silly me, I'll just shut up now...

well that's because your table is a locked version. you won't see the table image nor can you ever change anything on either the table or the script. due to copyrights I think, but on most of my tables that are redos of commercial ones most of them do not have the table graphics shown but when you start the game there it is...
Totally incorrect. (See above post why the image isn't there.)

And locking tables has nothing to do with copyrights, it has to do with whether or not the table author wants his work to be able to be modified.

oh ok just read that last post I didn't even think ofthat, but yeah when I save my WIP's (works in progress) without the table graphics shown he's right it doesn't show up till you actually start the table...silly me, I'll just shut up now...
:lolsign: It happens. Don't shut up, the world is boring when it's quiet. :jester:

For ST:TNG, it sounds like you may just need to turn up the ROM volume, as the default is very low. Press END to open the coin door, then 9 to raise the volume or 8 to lower it, if needed. (Don't use the numeric keypad numbers, they won't work.)

For TZ, it looks like a non-4:3 ratio is being used. Try playing at 1024x768 or some other 4:3 ratio resolution. You can adjust what VP uses in Preferences > Video Options.

And about the background image, it means nothing... Just whether or not the author chose to have it displayed in the editor at the time he last saved the table.

Thanks for the quick reply! :)

For ST:TNG, Thanks! That worked! :D

For TZ, I've tried 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768 and 1600x1200 with the same result (with the graphics no aligned).

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    dave01568 has left the room.
    servo192705 has left the room.
    djbarryfromicquk2 has left the room.
    obsidian1 has left the room.
    hendric has left the room.
    GeorgeH has left the room.
    Deeznutsnmuth has left the room.
    mbr has left the room.
    Ylliem has left the room.
    Rui3 has left the room.
    baliw has left the room.
    losthighway76 has left the room.
    Totevski72 has left the room.
    joeuro has left the room.
    oettmane has left the room.
    charly_ey has left the room.
    j24sailr has left the room.
    dwood has left the room.
    gregonitov has left the room.
    Drogo has left the room.
    SmashXD has left the room.
    mrdarc has left the room.
    butterface5000 has left the room.
    Pinheads has left the room.
    helptv has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: helptv has left the room.
      Back