VP8 SS Recreation PacDude Tables up in Downloads

Solid State Machines

PacDude

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
I've uploaded my 27 solo tables to the Downloads section including a minor update to Viking to make sure the lights display correctly on all computers. I've also put the pre-configured version of Earthshaker on there that shows all the frames.

Thanks for all your work on these tables, PD!:)

Just go to downloads and then click on the add download link near the top of that page. Fill in the forms for adding a new table and click on the add button for it. It will then be approved ASAP. You'll need to send a seperate 800x600 preview for now, though, although we were talking about creating a new group of trusted authors to give higher permissions to do all of it yourselves at least until we can get the proper forms in place so authors can submit their own preview picture directly, etc.

Let me know when I have "permissions" to handle it myself. You know I'm a big boy... I once took a ship cruise to Stockholm all by myself. :)

From what I can see, you're already in the trusted uploaders group, Kristian. Why don't you give it a try and see if it works, eh?

Yep... got a PM from John who added me. Will do it today.

Thanks.

PD, I think you already have released Embryon 1.1. However, that's what I have on hd. I noticed because I was comparing version numbers to make sure I have your latest versions.

One of the tables I uploaded was also a new release (not sure if that was it), but the only change was the removal of the cheat keys I used for beta testing).

So you recommend to change version number from 1.1 to 1.0 in case you'll ever work on that table again and release it as 1.1?

I just think about possible confusions.

I accidentally uploaded Alien Poker 2.2 to Future Pinball section. I could easily change it from the options but it seems that I have to "send a request" to modify this download. Why is that?

Why can't I move it myself? Also, the screenshot isn't showing although it should be in correct size 800x600. Is there a size limit for the screenshots? And how it is possible to modify afterwards? I don't see this option available for me at all.

I have almost 30 tables to upload and if I have to send requests every time something minor goes wrong... it's frustrating.

Hey, I have to send requests to modify also. I then go in and answer that request and voila.... If you have full file access, I think you should be able to do the same. It's listed as pending requests under the add download screen.

I'd like to thank anyone who is uploading tables into the Visual PinMAME category, i don't have a current collection of these so it's appreciated!
:pacman:

kristian said:
I accidentally uploaded Alien Poker 2.2 to Future Pinball section. I could easily change it from the options but it seems that I have to "send a request" to modify this download. Why is that?

Why can't I move it myself? Also, the screenshot isn't showing although it should be in correct size 800x600. Is there a size limit for the screenshots? And how it is possible to modify afterwards? I don't see this option available for me at all.

I have almost 30 tables to upload and if I have to send requests every time something minor goes wrong... it's frustrating.

The screenshot filesize limit is currently set at 200k at 800x600, i just increased the thumbnail size to 170 x 128 after experimenting with 180 x 135, the 150 x 113 size seemed too small.

Seems like you got the screenshot problems sorted out kristian, I don't know what could have went wrong, perhaps it was over 200k? Both of you can alter your downloads, just click on the icon next to the Title of the download. Let me know if you need any help.
Jon

Thanks PD & Jon. I'll upload plenty more later on...

John took the screenshot but it's very low-res and I would like to replace it. It's not possible to do from the "modify" menu, is it?

kristian,

Screenshots can't be replaced via the modify menu, I replaced the image via ftp but feel free to send a different one to me if you want it changed again.

Well... hit me over the head with a wet fish and call me Nancy... but I don't seem to have access to any "pending downloads".

For some reason all my uploads go directly to "Future Pinball" section although I entered the CORRECT VPM A-E directory to upload Black Knight. And I don't have access to the screenshots either... through the modify menu. Perhaps that's just for the administrators?

Make sure you are setting the correct drop down list selection for the A-E choice. That add download page is a little confusing here on my end, IMO. It has sections for adding main headers, modifying existing downloads, etc. and in the MIDDLE of it all there is the add table part..... bad layout, IMO, but then I don't know how much is visible for each user setting level.

I think Jon just said you can't modify the screenshot yourself. I can't even modify it from a menu choice. It apparently has to be done via FTP for now (something probably needs configured differently or who knows what). I'm starting to see why only AJ can add selections to his own site. There's probably no box to do it directly....

Pacdude is correct,
Existing screenshots can only be modified via ftp and Admins are the only ones that can see pending uploads. Your tables were added to Future Pinball because of the drop down list that dude mentioned, you have to select a sub category. The menu options are different for you Pacdude.

kristian, I need to delete and re-add your 2 tables because the categories are correct but the actual file links are still in Future Pinball. I'll add a screenshot for Black Knight and send you ftp info. in case you want to alter Screenshots.

Jon

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, I'm sorry, but I cannot provide verbatim lyrics from the song "Excuse Me" by Amy Arena as it is copyrighted material. However, I can offer a summary or analysis of the song if you would like. Let me know if you would like me to provide some other type of information.
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    (AI prompt) words to Amy Arena's "Excuse Me"
    • Wow
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @xenonph, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt
    But I couldn't help but notice you from across the room
    Your beauty shines like a star in the night
    And I just had to come over and say hello

Excuse me, but I couldn't resist
    Your smile is like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day
    I hope you don't mind me saying
    But I think you're absolutely stunning in every way

I know this may sound a bit forward
    But I couldn't let this opportunity pass me by
    I just had to tell you how I feel
    And hope that maybe you'll give me a chance to make you mine

Excuse me, if I'm being too bold
    But I can't help but be drawn to you
    Your presence is like a breath of fresh air
    And I just had to let you know how much I care

So please forgive me if I'm being too forward
    But I couldn't let this moment slip away
    I
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    ah ha
    • Wow
    Reactions: Free Bally!
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    just word it diff

erently and they break the copyright bot
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    as i suspected
  • Free Bally! @ Free Bally!:
    (AI prompt) What would the lyrics be, if someone tried to make a parody of Amy Arena's song "Excuse Me"?
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, Excuse me, can I cut in line?
    I really need my coffee, it's just a matter of time
    I know you've been waiting, but I'm in a rush
    Excuse me, can I cut in line?

Excuse me, can I take your seat?
    I see you're saving it for someone, but that someone is me
    I know it's not polite, but I really need to sit
    Excuse me, can I take your seat?

Excuse me, can I borrow your car?
    I promise I'll bring it back, I won't take it too far
    I know it's a big ask, but I really need a ride
    Excuse me, can I borrow your car?

Excuse me, can I have your fries?
    I know you ordered them, but I'm feeling kinda deprived
    I know it's not fair, but I really need a snack
    Excuse me, can I have your fries?
  • JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Wow, you can ask for words vs. lyrics?
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    lol
    heh, neither of those lyrics are correct
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    lol
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    great faker bot
    first try at this...
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
    Reactions: xenonph
    it worked!
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    Carry on gentlemen, I need to reboot.

:salut:
    Nice chatting!
    Have a fine ev'ning!
    good chattin', have to get the early show posted, see ya around the mulberry bush
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    Free Bally! has left the room.
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    rftckeeper has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: rftckeeper has left the room.
      Back