Bally Party Animal (Bally, 1987) with 16 volts at the 5v test piont? ahhh help

magnaram

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
hi I was wondering if anyone could help me.
I replaced all parts in my 6803 party animals power modules 5 volt regulator section, to try to fix 5 volt problem. but keep getting 16 volts at the test point 1 instead of 5 volts? all other voltages are reading correctly on the board.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Parts I replaced listed below. These are supposed to be equivalent parts to the original used on the board.<O:p</O:p

c1 :15,000uf cap 35 volts electrolytic capacitor<O:p</O:p
c4 :0.1uf 50 volt ceramic disk type<O:p</O:p
c5 :0.1uf 50 volt ceramic disk type<O:p</O:p
c3 :2.2uf 100 volt electrolytic capacitor<O:p
u1 :LM323K steel 5 volt regulator<O:p</O:p
R3 :2.2 ohm 1/4 watt resistor<O:p</O:p
R4 :100 ohm 1/2 watt resistor<O:p</O:p

I believe this is all the parts to rebuild the 5 volt section. have I made an error? with the parts I have used. <O:p</O:p

Last edited:
I am not familiar with this circuit and i dont have the time right now to look into it. But i can give you a tip: Try asking your question in the rec.games.pinball newsgroup, there are many people there who deal with that sort of stuff all the time. I am sure youll be having your answer inside 24 hrs.,...

hi thank u for your reply, have posted there to, but no answer yet :(

i have been asking everywere, about this problem with not mutch luck. will post details if i mange to fix and what parts i finally used as someone mite find this info useful. :-)

The 5v regulator you installed could be bad. I have receved bad ones in the past.
Dobbel check your work! Replace the regulator. Try swaping it with a known good board.
Thats all I can tell you from here, good luck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: bud_666nir has left the room.
      Back