Pinball Arcade (PC) is finally OUT...!!

It may look nice, but I'd trust Pinball Arcade about as far as I could throw them. Their record of putting out defective tables on the PS3 (or no tables for the lucky Xbox owners) has forced me to just give up on them. Caveat Emptor, because you're probably gonna get screwed.

I tried to download and install it only to have it crash after about forty minutes
the TOTAN table is for free play but it does not load into my computer at all
nice idea bad implementation imho

oh and it needs 2g ram just to install two of my three towers only have 1g ram

VP is free though. I'm poor too. I have more than enough ram to run it (16g) though. Well, that, and I have 357 tables on my cab too.

I think Noah's involved with the Farsight guys in some form too. They were all at his booth at the expo, and I did see a few cabinets saying "Cabinet provided by". Not saying that means anything, I have no business dealings with him. I thought I remembered reading about it somewhere though.

Last edited:
It must suck to be poor. :D
I ain't just poor I am flat broke there's a big difference!
I have been on the disabled list since May of 2010
and am still waiting for a monetary settlement from the company involved
also it takes over two years to get SSD (disability payments)
and I was only officially diagnosed with disabilities this past year
I do have a teleclaim on Nov 19 with my lawyer and the courts
but I have no clue as to what that entails
whether that will be the end of it or the beginning of the fight for disability
my disabilities has now been diagnosed as a bad left hip due to a bone spur still not taken care of
PTSD, severe clinical depression, anxiety, ADD, ADHD, and MBD!(minimal brain dysfunction)
not all due to the accident but ranging from as far back as childhood

It was just my wicked sense of humor.

No offense intended.

Sorry if you took it that way... definitely wasn't my intention. And I had no idea about your problems.

Here's a virtual beer.

i have via steam but the problem had that i pay it each table and i dont like to pay it somebody knows how to unlock tables without paying?
thx

It was just my wicked sense of humor.

No offense intended.

Sorry if you took it that way... definitely wasn't my intention. And I had no idea about your problems.

Here's a virtual beer.
hey no offense taken I know you guys joke constantly so do I
I was just stating facts not bitching, well not much anyhow!!

if it's the same physics system as the android version then i can say with some confidence that it's a huge disappointment. seems real good at first, then feels more and more flaky with each play.

the funny thing is, you can go to their site, watch the 'making of' video, and see for yourself where they went wrong. "yea, we realise our physics suck... that's why we have a full-time guy who does nothing but tweak thousands of tiny settings to give the illusion of solidity. did we fool ya?" :)

this is essentially called 'failing to learn lessons from randy's VP and black's FP back from the stone ages, when men were hairy and women wore skimpy animal pelts that flapped in the wind'.

no... if there's anyone i'd like to see produce pinball for PC, it would be silverball studios or the people who make those star wars tables on android. er... good old whatsername.

Irritatingly enough, I find the physics to be quite different from table to table. In fact, I would almost say that there was more of a uniformity to physics under VP8, despite the fact that there were so many different people designing tables for it. In general, Arcade physics seem to be the bastard child of VP8 and VP9, with the drawbacks being associated with the latter.
BTW, is anyone here familiar with... I think it's Sellenoff? I vaguely remember the name from the old VP.com days. From what I've seen on the Pinball Arcade forums, I think he's involved with the table programming.

steve ellenoff... i believe he, destruk, and the rest of the VPM team ported the pinMAME component for farsight. or maybe just licensed it, whatever.

also... zen. the name came back to me. :)

kristian, if PA made you happy then you should be twirling hockey sticks on your fingers if you ever try silverball or zen's star wars stuff on PC.

ok sorry that i repeated again but i dont pay money only for 1 table or for all the tables i waiting to everything to dont pay tables

I am having the utmost problems when trying to install Steam
it crashed two computers to the point I had to manually shut them both down
then do a complete system restore on both
essentially erasing all the Steam crap that went into them
I am glad some of you got it working but to me this is one of the worst steaming piles I have had crash my computers in a long time
both computers stated that they got bad files and crashed to a blue screen
this after I finished the complete install and was just trying to log in to play PA
think I'll stick with vp... thanks anyhow...

faralos look this image thanks:

0DqFSEe.jpg

wow I never even got to see that screen at all
but since steam does not even load up okay I ain't buying any of them
thanks anyway

if somebody have look this image plz contact me to unlocking tables without paying thanksssss

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back