Request for more debug data in F9 mode

scampa123

Pinball Wizard
Site Supporters
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Gorgar
I'd like to make a request to add more debug output/data to BAM to help when folks are seeing issues.

Selfishly, I am encountering some tough issues right now and I'm thinking this might help pinpoint what is going on (I have another thread here and on other popular forums for these issues). At the moment, I noticed the line "Starting Pup Pack" and then the crash happens.

Maybe BAM debug mode could drill in further to see what it is calling (dll? process..DOFLinx, other plugin) to try to capture more details around is the file locked? Is the process already running? Is something missing? etc.

I'm sure this would help others who have issues and could help offload some of the folks who are trying to assist folks like me in getting things working well.

Thank you!!

@ravarcade is the only one that would know what is possible. Since pup, DOFLinx and pinevent are add ons, I am not sure what might be possible.

Yes, hopefully he'll reply...He sent me a personal email on one account, but this ask is larger since it would entail potential code changes.

I'm hoping there is more debug code he could put in...even if it were a seperate debug-only version of BAM. Anything which could dump more details as to what is going on aside from the output using F9 and the bam crash log would be appreciated. Maybe a flag to dump a full stack trace if in debug mode and any exception occurs....

I do believe it would be useful to others especially when it comes to interacting with other plugins and processes....

Last edited:
While I solved my issues, I still believe that more debug output would be helpful to folks when crashes occur!

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back