Should I bother with FPinball?

Bob Albright

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Been a Pinmame guy for many years. Why should I want FP? I see a lot of the same tables are on FP as regular PM.

Well, it all comes down to a matter of preference. FP is a completely different engine than VP and, although I definitely prefer VP, FP does have some good points; graphics tend to be a little bit sharper and prettier, there are different viewing angles available and some of the originals (especially those released by blindmankind) are pretty awesome. On the downside, none of the viewing angles is very good, IMHP, there is no support for ROMs, so that rules out most pinball machines from the late 80s and 90s, the program can be quite a system-hog if you're running an older machine and the physics of the program (especially when it comes to nudging) are pretty unrealistic. That said, try test-driving it yourself. If you've been an avid user of VP, FP setup is pretty easy to figure out. Download a couple of tables and give it a shot.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: T800 has left the room.
      Back