Sometimes backglass sound to playfield

axeblade

Pinball Player
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
ACDC
Hi everyone,

I am new into all of this (for about 2 months now) and I have an issue with some tables (VPX). Most of the times it goes well and the backglass sound goes automatically to my front speakers. But on some tables the backglass sound is always played to my playfield speakers (small ones) and normally only used for table sound effects. I hope there is a simple solution for it and maybe I am doing something wrong. For your information I run:
- Windows 10
- VPX 10.7
- 7.1 Surround
- All software installed via PinUP Popper (PUP) Baller Installer

Cheers,

For the tables that sound like the sounds are coming from Table instead of Backglass...
Open table in editor, and click Table tab at top of editor.
Now click Sound Manager.
You should see an "output" section for all the sounds. The normal sounds will usually have a fx in name and you can see these are toggled through the table. But sometimes when sounds or music is added to table, they forget to toggle them to be played through backglass.
All the sounds that don't have an fx need to be highlighted and then you press Toggle BG Out button.
(Table sounds may not have an FX added to them, but you should be able to tell which ones are not regular table sounds.)
Capture.PNG

Thanks Xenonph. I am aware of this option and what I did was listen to every sound for that table and tried to find any sound that wasn't a sound effect. But all my sounds for that table sounded like a fx to me. I will still try to select all names with no fx in front of it and route these sounds to backglass.

@axeblade
Let me know the name of table or send me link to table, and I will check it out, and see if I can see anything out of whack.

@axeblade
Ok lets try something.
Start up the table and when it is running, hit the END key to open Coin Door.
When you see the Coin Door is open warning on DMD, hit the number 9 on keyboard.
This will turn the rom sounds up. 8 lowers the volume.
Then when you have adjusted volume to your liking, hit the END key to close Coin Door.
Now play game with sound you can hear.

Well this is something I didn't know but doesn't change the fact that the sound is still coming from my table (2 middle) speakers. I hope there is still a way that the sound can be routed to my backglass speakers like most of the tables.

@axeblade
Strange that it does this on JP's table.
Have you tried clicking Preferences tab at top of editor, and click Audio options, and on right side there are different sound output options?
Capture.PNG

If that doesn't help,
Perhaps it would be best for you to ask for help in his tables support topic here...

Hi Xenonph,

I have both options on Primary Sound Device. The only thing that is different is that in your picture you have Standard 2 channel selected and I have 7.1 Surround Sound Feedback (enhanced) selected. Anyway at least I can get the sound louder now with the "coin door" method so the experience is okay for now but still strange its selects my table speaker in stead of the bg speakers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Killabot has left the room.
      Back