Space Adventure WIP

faralos

Faralos
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flash
Space Adventure update; bulls eyes...

haven't forgotten about these older pc conversions either, just doing a lot of other things too, here is the update so far am just starting to put in the lighting as you can see, pharoah is also getting the same treatment and yes, i will pull back that ramp on the right side a bit....

Attachments

• Space Adventure wip update.jpg
    Space Adventure wip update.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Faralos;

I saw your post over at VPF and here is probably what you need. This is Bendigo's BALL CONTROL proggie. Use the x and y pos for the ball including speed. Also, this proggie STOPS AND STARTS the ball at ANY LOCATION on the playfield!

Hope this helps. Looks interesting.....

d

I would try to see (once you have the PF and game ready) what speeds you need to hit particular areas of those drop holes. THEN use this proggie to simulate that and have the BALL STOP. Looks like this might work out. This program DOES STOP the ball DEAD in it's tracks AND lets it move precisely where you locked the ball. Neat stuff.

PS: This program WILL LET YOU PLACE THE BALL ANYWHERE YOU WANT. I will check the code this weekend and tell you how to do this. If it can start where it is and lock anywhere on the playfield, it CAN BE PLACED ANYWHERE. Honestly, it uses a keypress to STOP the ball and you can move it to where you want so I figure this may be what you are looking for. All I have to do is "command" the ball to place itself using the x, y pos. Sounds easy enough....

Attachments

• MoveBallModified.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Will, just to keep the record straight, the Modified Ball Movement file you posted is an authorized adaptation of Bendigo's Ball Movement demo done by Jonathan.

Eureka! I knew I'd seen it somewhere but yes I think that is the one I was looking for. I'll try it soon to test as long as the ball also rolls upon 'placing' it...and not just sit there over whatever. thanks!

Will, just to keep the record straight, the Modified Ball Movement file you posted is an authorized adaptation of Bendigo's Ball Movement demo done by Jonathan.

John;

Thanks for that info. I figured it was someone else who modified this. Credit to where it's due I say. Thanks again.

Faralos;

You're welcome. I wondered why the post in VPF said there was no program that could place a ball anywhere you wanted. That made me scratch my head and I remembered "tinkering" with this little toy. Glad I could help a fellow pinhead ;)

A LOT of this stuff is in PN's download section. Much of it you WILL NOT find over at VPF. Check it out sometime ;)

d

PS: Do me a favor and let the folks over at VPF that there IS A PROGRAM that allows the ball to be placed ANYWHERE on a VP playfield ;) Just for kicks. The nice thing about this proggie is that you just hit the "L" key and the ball locks. Press it again and the ball freely rolls on for gameplay. LOVE IT.

PPS: I also found a COMPLETE LIST of ALL the visual basic codes. This is interesting to say the least. I hope to learn each and every function and what it does. Of course I'll be more than happy to upload this as a RAR file. It is a FULL webpage so it loads automatically in your favorite browser. Let me know folks if you'd like to have this.

I worked with AppleDos (ProDos and Dos) and the PC versions of Dos so this should be an easy learn.I hope.

Last edited:
Yes, please post the visual Basic codes Will. I probably had them at one time, but could use them again.

Yes, please post the visual Basic codes Will. I probably had them at one time, but could use them again.

John,

I'll put the text file in a new thread in the resources area.

d

Space Adventure update!

90% finished! all scoring save one bonus routine is in all lights and bulls are in and scripted. ball play on this table is great! I got that top right side ramp to work naturally with the three drop holes, soon I should have all three wip pc to vp's converts done, this one Pharoah and Wall-e

Attachments

• Space Adventure WIP.jpg
    Space Adventure WIP.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Killabot has left the room.
      Back