Williams Space Mission (Williams, 1976) Multiplayer Game Ball Pre-Advancing

ponyboy

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Strange World
Hello out there. I am new to the forum and I hope someone can help me with this.

I have a 4 player Williams Space Mission machine from 1975. I have been trying to work on this machine for a few months and have solved a few problems but I can't get this figured out.

When I am playing on more than one player the machine has a tendancy to skip to the next player randomly and on occasion the last player's last ball will just tick to game over while the ball is still in play. I have had it advance to the next ball in single player too.

I tried replacing solenoids along the way and cleaning specific terminals but no change. I also adjusted the bonus unit because it seemed to have something to do with that. There is a solenoid that runs off of the bonus unit that was not static with it's switching but I changed the solenoid and that was before adjusting the bonus unit.

Sorry for all of the info but I thought I would just get it all out first. Please help me out. I'm sure it is something stupid but I can't find it and I don't want to start running new wires.

check the ball outlane switch (down in the sub lane area where the balls collect at games end). it sounds like it is resetting for some reason may be a short in the wires, other than that, it sounds like a board problem good luck with it but it sounds like a short somewhere...

Thanks. I kind of thought it was something like that. This is an EM machine so no real board. Unless you are talking about the actual plank of wood all of the solenoids are mounted to. Ha ha.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: momohoho27 has left the room.
      Back