Spinner

Mitchell

Pinball Player
Reaction score
Can someone here help me script one just for my VP table please? Not for VPM table.

The spinner from the Fireball Classic.

What do you need?
The Spinner adds points like any other Object, Bumper, etc.
Points are dependent on writing a Sub for defining scores and points, and then in a Sub Spinner_Spin() you call the Sub and indicate the points for each time the Spinner spins one turn, like this:

Create a Dim and the following Subs in the Script:
Code:
Dim Score

Sub AddScore(Points)
      Score = Score + Points
      ScoreText.Text = Score
End Sub

Sub Spinner1_Spin()
      AddScore 10
End Sub

Note that the point value of 10 in the line AddScore 10 can be replaced with any point value you like, say, use AddScore 2011 and then every time the Spinner rotates once, for each rotation the Sub will add 2011 to the player's Score by adding the value to the variable (the Dim) Score.

The Sub Spinner_Spin can be created automatically. Place the Spinner on the Playfield in the editor screen, then open the Script editor.
From the left pulldown find and select the exact Spinner and then from the right pulldown find and select the _Spin event.
This will create the Sub Spinner_Spin at the bottom of the Script. Then insert the lines that you need to create and to control the game, like calling the Sub AddScore with the point value included. When you say AddScore 10, you are calling the Sub AddScore(Points) that you created and telling the Sub AddScore(Points) to add 10 points to the Dim Score (the variable) for each rotation of the Spinner. If you forget to include the Sub AddScore(Points) in the Script, then the program will not know what to do. This Sub tells the program what to do with the line AddScore 10.

You can also click on the Object in the Playfield editor screen to highlight it in blue. Keep it highlighted and open the Script editor. The left pulldown should show the exact Object selected so all you then need is to select the event from the right pulldown and then add the lines (also called "statements") in the newly created Sub at the bottom of the Script.

Last edited:
Sorry about the confusing. I'm talking about the trigger on the red spinning wheel that throw the ball off.

I'm sorry. I don't know that table, but when a Ball hits a Trigger, you can assign the velocity x and y and control the ball. You can also control the direction of the Ball and the speed from a Timer or when hitting any Object.

Dim ActiveBall

Sub Plunger_Init()
Set ActiveBall = Plunger.CreateBall
End Sub

Sub Trigger1_Hit()
ActiveBall.VelX = 10 'or -10. You decide which direction
ActiveBall.VelY = 10 'or -10 or .5, etc.
ActiveBall.Z = .5 'or whatever you need
End Sub

Note: A Kicker can also create or destroy a Ball, but in creating a Ball, your best bet is to create the Dim ActiveBall which can also then be used to change the color or image of the ActiveBall on the fly while in play, or to move the Ball (either use ActiveBall.X or ActiveBall.Y or ActiveBall.Z for moving the Balls position, or use ActiveBall.VelX and/or ActiveBall.VelY and/or ActiveBall.Z to control the Ball's speed and direction. The Vel values can be positive or negative depending on the Ball's direction.

Oh that how it done. I got confuse on what Kurt did. His is strong.

Kurt's been scripting for the better part of 10 years now, so he's had practice. :)
Most of us bang our heads to learn it. :bonk:

And as a Spinning Wheel, it might be a a set of Walls popping up and down one at a time faking a wheel spinning 360 degrees in the background behind an EMReel displaying an overlay animation of a spinning wheel, or a set of two Flippers behind the EMReel image, but the EMReel is only visual and has no effect on the Ball unless you Script each image frame displayed in the EMReel to synchronize with a custom line like ActiveBall.VelX, etc. to control the ball manually from the Script.
When a specific frame is displayed in the EMReel, then you check the frame to make sure it's on, then command the ball when the frame = True.
When using EMReels, the ball will appear on top of the image in the EMReel but the EMReel image will hide other Objects such as Walls, Targets, Flippers, etc.
Kurt is famous for using images in EMReels to recreate pinball machines by covering the primitive Visual Pinball Objects with more impressive graphics that he renders by hand in Truspace (a 3D modeller program).

Last edited:
Cool. I'm using four lights for now. I have a cool pit on my table. The link of the Spell Book: The Gathering wip is post at the vpforums if wanna check that out. I haven't tried to make four more pieces of the pit because I can't find a better tool to rotate the picture 45% instead of 90%.

The GIMP will rotate any angle (Right-Click > Tools > Transform Tools > Rotate and type the angle number in the box; offers real time preview of the result) and is a free GNU project. Make sure to download the Windows binary Installer here:

http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

I notice there some lines going across my pictures. Anyway to stop that? Very can see those after zoom those out.

I notice there some lines going across my pictures. Anyway to stop that? Very can see those after zoom those out.

In the photo editor or in Visual Pinball?
In VP, try clicking Preferences > Video options and choose a lower Max texture dimension setting, and set the VP Video Mode resolution to match the Desktop resolution; Right-Click on the Windows Desktop in any empty area > choose Properties. A Menu with tabs appears. Click the Settings tab and make note of the Screen Resolution (on the left slider control: 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, etc.) and Color Depth Color Quality (on the right-side pulldown: Medium (16 bits), Highest (32 bits), etc.) values and set the VP Video Options Video Mode settings to match. If there are still lines, etc. in the game, then try setting the VP Video Mode to Your Windows Desktop Screen Resolution x 16.

Oh no. It not the VP. GIMP did that. I'm not a big deal. Can't even see it on the VP.

When you select a tool or a Filter, then check the Toolbox panel or the menu panel for the Filter.
If there is a Threshold Slider or window for it and it is set higher then 0 (zero) then try setting it to 0.

For some reason the threshold setting for many of The GIMP tools and Filters are often set higher than 0, so when you try things like using the paint bucket fill tool or an outline edit, you end up with an larger outline around the area than you probably want. Paint fills end up with an outline inside of any drawn outlines. The threshold set to 0 should prevent that, though I don't know if has anything to do with lines appearing across the picture or drawing canvas.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Free Bally! @ Free Bally!:
    (AI prompt) lyrics in Amy Arena's "Excuse Me"
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, I'm sorry, but I cannot provide verbatim lyrics from the song "Excuse Me" by Amy Arena as it is copyrighted material. However, I can offer a summary or analysis of the song if you would like. Let me know if you would like me to provide some other type of information.
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    (AI prompt) words to Amy Arena's "Excuse Me"
    • Wow
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @xenonph, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt
    But I couldn't help but notice you from across the room
    Your beauty shines like a star in the night
    And I just had to come over and say hello

Excuse me, but I couldn't resist
    Your smile is like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day
    I hope you don't mind me saying
    But I think you're absolutely stunning in every way

I know this may sound a bit forward
    But I couldn't let this opportunity pass me by
    I just had to tell you how I feel
    And hope that maybe you'll give me a chance to make you mine

Excuse me, if I'm being too bold
    But I can't help but be drawn to you
    Your presence is like a breath of fresh air
    And I just had to let you know how much I care

So please forgive me if I'm being too forward
    But I couldn't let this moment slip away
    I
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    ah ha
    • Wow
    Reactions: Free Bally!
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    just word it diff

erently and they break the copyright bot
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    as i suspected
    (AI prompt) What would the lyrics be, if someone tried to make a parody of Amy Arena's song "Excuse Me"?
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, Excuse me, can I cut in line?
    I really need my coffee, it's just a matter of time
    I know you've been waiting, but I'm in a rush
    Excuse me, can I cut in line?

Excuse me, can I take your seat?
    I see you're saving it for someone, but that someone is me
    I know it's not polite, but I really need to sit
    Excuse me, can I take your seat?

Excuse me, can I borrow your car?
    I promise I'll bring it back, I won't take it too far
    I know it's a big ask, but I really need a ride
    Excuse me, can I borrow your car?

Excuse me, can I have your fries?
    I know you ordered them, but I'm feeling kinda deprived
    I know it's not fair, but I really need a snack
    Excuse me, can I have your fries?
  • JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Wow, you can ask for words vs. lyrics?
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    lol
    heh, neither of those lyrics are correct
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    lol
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    great faker bot
    first try at this...
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
    Reactions: xenonph
    it worked!
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    Carry on gentlemen, I need to reboot.

:salut:
    Nice chatting!
    Have a fine ev'ning!
    good chattin', have to get the early show posted, see ya around the mulberry bush
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    Free Bally! has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Free Bally! has left the room.
      Back