Stepping down as administrator

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
Since Jon and I continue to have strong differences of opinion on how this site should evolve and be ran, and since Jon is the site owner, I have resigned as an Administrator. Since I co-founded this site with Jon, I will reamin on staff to approve uploads and to preform other non-administrative tasks. I will no longer be a part of any decision making process, nor will I be a moderator. Hopefully this will allow Jon and I to get beyond our differences and remain friends.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Tiltjlp, you ARE Pinball Nirvana

I don't give two hoots what JPH says
YOU are the heart of this site,
YOU are the one who has something interesting to say
YOU are the one with the love of these games from yesteryear

I am now sad :(
tmfp

I seriously doubt the title or position is what causes the problems. In any case, welcome to freedom. :)

Enjoy your time off John, put your feet up and have a rest, You deserve it.

TheManFromPOST said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Tiltjlp, you ARE Pinball Nirvana

I don't give two hoots what JPH says
YOU are the heart of this site,
YOU are the one who has something interesting to say
YOU are the one with the love of these games from yesteryear

I am now sad :(
tmfp

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
As Popeye always said, I Yam what a Yam, but I won't go into that. :p

Since it's his site, it's important what JPH has to say.
Now I'll be the court jester of this site,
I'll still spout off now and again, and upset just as many folks as ever,
And now I can focus on all those games from yeateryear,

Be happy little buddy, I feel free again :p

I've seen this happen before. Whenever someone realizes what the job really is, they don't want it anymore. People are always trying to fit the job to their own liking, when really people should be fit for the job.

Read what StevOz listed as procedure in that very thread. He did not follow that in Shockman's case. And if my comming aboard has anything to do with it, it shouldn't.

It's got to be hard though, to make a rule, with everyone watching, and apply it, with everyone watching, then break it, with everyone watching, then apply it to someone else, with everyone watching. I could not do it either.

Shocky said:
I've seen this happen before. Whenever someone realizes what the job really is, they don't want it anymore. People are always trying to fit the job to their own liking, when really people should be fit for the job.

Read what StevOz listed as procedure in that very thread. He did not follow that in Shockman's case. And if my comming aboard has anything to do with it, it shouldn't.

It's got to be hard though, to make a rule, with everyone watching, and apply it, with everyone watching, then break it, with everyone watching, then apply it to someone else, with everyone watching. I could not do it either.

As usual, you have no idea what's going on Phil. It isn't about you at all, but I'm sure you can't believe that, since you think the world evolves around you. Jon and I simply look at things differently, and rather than ruin our friendship over stuff that isn't that important, I decided to walk away.

It's a wise decision then. Just don't leave the scene.

Nothing to worry about Yogi, I'm not leaving. I just wanted to spend more time working on tables, and less time being bothered by what clowns and fools might do or say. I'll leave it up to someone elseto determine who the clowns and fools are.

destruk said:
I seriously doubt the title or position is what causes the problems. In any case, welcome to freedom. :)

How right you are Brian, if it had been called tour guide it still would have worn mighty thin after a while. It's not even the duties that were the problem, but what I preceived those duties to be.

I do hope the world evolves around me John.

I'm glad it's not about me. I know how both of you look at things. It has been so for a long time. Maybe it just hasn't been tested.
I'm glad I have it wrong, because the only thing I can imagine having any friction with Jon over would be beating the drum for another batch of rules.

I'm very sorry to see John retire from Admin duties, he will always have my appreciation for past and future contributions and ideas.

Jon

That are nice words independant of his decision. It's always better to stay friends than to fight about dumb pinball forum issues. Thanks.

"It's always better to stay friends than to fight about dumb pinball forum issues."

Brother, man.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Heard a different Aaron Neville song earlier, saw him in New Orleans...
      Reactions: xenonph
      Back