This Is the Story of the Hurricane

LeeVanCleef

Pinball Lizard
Site Supporters
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Paragon
Finally, the last part of the great Williams "Rollercoaster Trilogy" is available through Pinball Arcade and we can finally see how the story ends! Unlike the two that came before it, which are Cyclone and… Puffy?... I’ve never even seen a real version of Hurricane, let alone played one. I don’t think it got much love at the old VPForums. There was one half-assed version the author never even finished the artwork on, but, hey, all credit to that author for the work he did. It was the only VP record of Hurricane for many a moon. I did check over at the Evil Empire and it does look like someone finally decided to add a coat of polish and new tires (hey, never let it be said Pinball Nirvana’s afraid to put up an Evil Empire link. Maybe someday, they’ll be able to say the same).
That author’s gonna have to go the extra mile to beat Pinball Arcade. Their Hurricane is one of their reliably-gorgeous recreations backed by one of the best physics engines in digital pinball. Pinball Arcade’s done their best to give some muscle to a relatively easy machine. The right ramp is one steep climb and, if your ball doesn’t have the get-up-and-go, there's a decent chance you’ll get a center drain for your troubles. However, if you get into the groove on these ramps like it’s pretty easy to do on digital machines, then this one may lose its challenge pretty quickly. Conquer the ramps and all you have to deal with are the slings that are tighter than the convent back door, and can really get the ball moving fast. A worthy time diversion and at least it’s not another Gottlieb.
Hurricane’s available through The Pinball Arcade on Steam and whatever dippy-dap you tippy-tap on. This version was reviewed using the Steam computer version because I don't hate pinball. It will be available on Playstation and Xbox in time for your grandkids to enjoy it.

Last edited:
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: simon.bethke is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back