VBS Script errors....

LouPinball71

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
I have Windows VISTA.. I installed the PHOENIX Pinmame packet.. I placed the vpt file in the Table folder.. I noticed that Vista said that the program was not installed properlly but I tried to run it anyway.. So I ran the vpinball executable, opened the .vpt file and it loaded the game but when I clicked on play I get vbs script erorrors.. And undefined lines.. Anyone know why its not working! It was working fine on Windows XP!
Thank you..

VPinMame table use two files, a .vpt file for the table and the original ROM file for the computer side of the pinball machine. Do you have the ROM file for the table in the Roms folder? Keep the ROM files ZIPPED. You only need to unzip the .vpt files.
PinMame ROMs are available from the download site or from www.ipdb.org

Also, what happens when you open Visual Pinball and at the top click File > New and then the Play button. Does this new start table work or crash?

Also, Right-Click on the VPinball.exe > choose Preferences and find the selector and set it to
"Run as Administrator".

Hey sleepy thanks for the advice.. I remember in windows XP I didnt have to put the table in the rom file unzipped... I unzipped and used the table in a different folder and I had all the vbsscripts in a zip file in the main directory and it worked good... So what your saying is to extract the table file and put that in table and put the same zipped file in the rom section? My error was with the vbs scripts it couldnt locate the file even though it was in the same diercotry..
Thanks

1.) In order to play a VPM Table you need the Table file and the corresponding ROM file. These are two different things.

2.) Tables come as ZIP files. Each table.zip contains a file with a .vpt extension. This file with a .vpt extension (= the actual table file) goes into the 'Tables' folder.

3.) ROMs are coming as ZIP files as well. But they do not have to be unzipped. You put the ZIP file as it is into the 'ROMs' folder.

4.) Under Vista and Win7 you have to run VPinball 'As Administrator' so VPinMAME (which is invoked as a child process of VPM) will get access to the VBScripts.

Thats actually all, if you follow these guidelines youll be just fine,...

THank you Sleepy and Phoenixx.. It works fine now.. I cant find World Cup 90 rom file, its not on the ipmd site... BUt again thanks for your help I really appreciate it..

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: eathearty has left the room.
      Back