very strange glitch, is it caused by BAM?

Slippery Jim

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Stern Dracula
I doing a new table from scratch, from the new template, but with BAM and FizxLite. All is going swimmingly until I move objects, and then I am left with strange shadows where they used to be. What is the cause of this? I can NOT select the shadows in the editor

Apollo_fizxLite_V1.jpg

I'm just an FP doofus, but I'm guessing a secondary object or effect has been defined there, as part of that new template.

What could it be?
Possibly a physical object in the editor, or maybe something specified in code?
Maybe a shadowmap or similar?

The 'shadows' that look like burn marks, are the old locations of the objects I moved. even the single red post on the left that I dragged off the table has left the mark.

Those are shadowmaps, most likely from the main Ambient Light. Go into the table script and remove the Ambient Light from the shadowmaps section.... save the table... exit FP and reload.

When you are done adding stuff to the table, you can re-enable this if you want. Also.... you can add more shadowmaps to other bullbs / flashers on the table as well (in the BAM menu while playing, then CTRL+C to copy the settings..... then paste them into script to replace what is there).

At any time you can also remove the table's shadowmap cache file in the BAM\cache folder... which will force BAM to generate new shadowmaps for the table (to reflect any changes made to the table's layout).

1681217928401.png

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: paskite has left the room.
      Back