VPX Help Visual Pinball error

maolo80

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
callofthedead01
A strange thing is happening with visual pinball, when i start any table i get this error.

I use retrobat as frontend and I tried to create the requested file with the dedicated program, the file is actually created but when I start the table it is automatically deleted from the folder and this error appears. any suggestions ?

Attachments

• 274.jpg
    274.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 27
A strange thing is happening with visual pinball, when i start any table i get this error.

I use retrobat as frontend and I tried to create the requested file with the dedicated program, the file is actually created but when I start the table it is automatically deleted from the folder and this error appears. any suggestions ?

I must be getting old because I cannot read the text on window showing the error with the pic you provided.
I am guessing it is B2S error?

Open Editor, click Preferences tab at top, click Configure Keys Nudge DOF.
Now you will see in lower right of window, Disable B2S. Make sure that is checkmarked.
Capture.PNG

I'm sorry but it didn't work :(

even if I change settings everything goes back to default. Retrobat and related tables are installed in my profile folder on "C", could this be the problem?

I'm sorry but it didn't work :(

even if I change settings everything goes back to default. Retrobat and related tables are installed in my profile folder on "C", could this be the problem?
Perhaps you could upload a better pic of the error you are seeing? I was just guessing, as I could not read your error on your pic.
Installing Visual Pinball to C: is how I install it on my setup. C:\Visual Pinball
You could try going into your Visual Pinball folder, and right clicking on VPinballX.exe with mouse and click Properties, and click Compatibility, then click Run as Administrator.
I used to have to do this when I installed Visual Pinball to C:\Program Files as you need admininstrative permissions in those folders.

if you updated b2s recently, the .directb2s now have "match exactly" by default too. Just leaving this here because I was caught by it and had to rename all my .directb2s files to match the .vpx filenames.
Something I was planning to do anyway but I hate being forced into things :D

Last edited:
sorry I didn't realize the low quality of the image

Attachments

• 398.jpg
    398.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
go to your B2S install folder and run "B2S_ScreenResIdentifier.exe"
follow the instructions (1 click option most probably)
copy screenres.txt to your tables folder. that's it

To be honest I don't even think you have to have screenres.txt in your tables folder but i have to check. Try without copying it. If it works is one less step :D

sorry I didn't realize the low quality of the image
You need a Screenres.txt file.
Added Screenres.txt as attachment.
Not sure if you are running 2 screen cabinet or Desktop version.
You will need to edit the 3rd and 4th numbers to adjust the size of backglass. (It is set at 1024x768)
If you are using 1 screen setup, change 3rd and 4th numbers to 400 and that should fill upper left without interfering with table.
Also this Screenres.txt file is set for 1 screen setup.
If you are using second screen for your backglasses, you need to change the 5th number to 2.
Move this file to wherever it says it is looking for it. (Looks like VPinball folder)

Attachments

• ScreenRes.txt
    30 bytes · Views: 8
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: chricky68 has left the room.
      Back