Visual Pinball version 9.0.3

destruk

Pinball Wizard
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
This should be moved to the Essential Files section - I didn't see it as an option on the dropdown list so for now it is here:
http://www.pinballnirvana.com/UpDownload-req-viewdownload-cid-1.html

Description:
October 12 2009 - updated VP9 for your playing amusement. Approved by Nanotech Entertainment.
changelog

1) Edit Properties Pane status is now corrected. It has been broken since tech beta 5. It is persistent, meaning if it was visible last time vp was open, it will be visible next time you open vp. Edit/Options now works again.

2) VP8 Colored slingshots are now available. This is fully compatible with Randy's vp8 implementation

3) PlungerName.Position is now available to the script. This will provide a raw value of the mechanical plunger for Pinball Wizard and Cabinet users. Divide the returned value by .04 to get a number from 0-25. You can then base an emreel, wall animation, or other graphical representation on that number to custom animate the plunger object. You could also use the mechanical pinball wizard plunger as an entirely separate type of interface, with accurate pull strength - ie pool cues, balloon/rubber band/spring tension, I'm sure you can come up with more.

4) Nudge has been reversed. A right nudge - moving the machine to the left, moves the ball to the right. A left nudge, moving the machine to the right, pushes the ball to the left.

5) Ball decals work again.

woot! just noticed yesterday that I was still running vp 9.0.1 :(

4) Nudge has been reversed. A right nudge - moving the machine to the left, moves the ball to the right. A left nudge, moving the machine to the right, pushes the ball to the left.

Is this correct? It sounds backwards to me.
Could You please explain How nudging left,,, making a ball move right........ is a good thing.....????

:pint:

Last edited by a moderator:
The nudge action now correctly matches the table movement on the screen, instead of being the opposite. It's correct. Tables that use the "StartShake" command benefit. From ipdb.org
The basic concept is that you want to move the machine to change the direction of the ball, and you must move the machine in the opposite direction as you want the ball to move. The ball is relatively frictionless, therefore you must move the machine. The only times that you move the machine in the same direction as you want the ball to go is when the ball is stuck against something or when you want to send the ball through the Narrow Escape gate in Indiana Jones. (To get a Narrow Escape you want to hit the ball with the pin on the right side of the outlane, in order to knock the ball through the gate, or have it bounce off the pin through the gate.)

vp 9.0.3 has this correct.

Great news!
Thanks,destruk! :thumleft:

Just wanted to say thanks to the development team for this.
So far I've been able to actually play some of Megapin's tables, such as Twilight Zone and Terminator 3, without the slowdown it had before.
This is great!

Thanks for the Information. I think that I now understand.

By the way,, the drinking smiley was meant to be Me,,, not You....
I thought I would mention that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Rick

When you nudge the left side of a machine the ball will move left. More true is the machine moves to the right. In no way will hitting the machine on the left make the ball go right.

It was right before.

Everyone here should know that.

Shaking and Nudging are two methods of controlling the ball which are very important for giving a player that extra edge. Understanding these concepts will enable you to get better scores on a tournament machine and unbelievable scores on a game with a forgiving tilt.
The basic concept is that you want to move the machine to change the direction of the ball, and you must move the machine in the opposite direction as you want the ball to move. The ball is relatively frictionless, therefore you must move the machine. The only times that you move the machine in the same direction as you want the ball to go is when the ball is stuck against something or when you want to send the ball through the Narrow Escape gate in Indiana Jones. (To get a Narrow Escape you want to hit the ball with the pin on the right side of the outlane, in order to knock the ball through the gate, or have it bounce off the pin through the gate.)
In order to make the ball choose the inlane over the outlane you want to move the machine toward the outlane so that the pin between the inlane and outlane moves toward the outlane and the ball hits the pin on the inlane side and heads down the inlane. This is nudging, and should be performed as quickly and lightly as possible so to avoid warnings and tilt. You can also nudge the machine in the opposite direction in which a ball is heading down the playfield. You do not want to work against the speed and the angle, rather if the ball is heading diagonally left, down the playfield toward the center drain, nudge the cabinet right so that the ball will go more left and you will be able to perform a slap save, hitting the left flipper and then the right in rapid-fire succession.
Shaking is when a player continuously shakes the cabinet up and down when the ball is in the bumpers in order to make the ball hit the bumpers more often. Shaking is something that should probably not be performed during a tournament unless Super Jets are active because you don't want to have tilt warnings just for more bumpers hits, you want to save them for saving the ball from the outlanes or the center drain.

Open a new table/default table

at the top put
sub table1_init : startshake : end sub

Launch a ball and hit the right nudge key - the screen moves to the left, meaning the machine has been hit on the right side, which means the machine is moving to the left, and the ball updates to move to the right.
I don't understand how anyone could say it was correct before.

I'm not saying anything more on this - you want it changed back, whatever.

Last edited:
Is there a way to get older tables to image correctly using Hardware Graphic Rendering?
My ATI 9550 is looking like the old ATI bug with torn EMReels and no visible backdrop. This happens with older tables like Eala's Frontier in hardware mode, but I tried UncleWilly's Gorgar for vp9 in hardware mode last night with no problems.

Description:

2) VP8 Colored slingshots are now available. This is fully compatible with Randy's vp8 implementation

^^^

Does the above mean that entire tables done in vp 8 or earlier will work fine in this new version?

Description:

^^^

Does the above mean that entire tables done in vp 8 or earlier will work fine in this new version?

I don't think so.... Use VP8 for older tables and VP9 for VP9 tables.

Description:

^^^

This means that if a person had used custom colored slingshots in VP8 and saved the table, their colored slingshots will look and work exactly the same when that table is loaded in VP9.

It'd be really cool if you could open vp, and somehow, get future pinball, visual pinball 7 and below, visual pinball 8, and visual pinball 9 tables to all work with no effort on the end user, but I doubt that is going to be possible anytime in the future. VP8 is a dead platform - no new changes will ever be made to it. VP9 and Future Pinball is where development will continue, or perhaps an entirely new program will turn up somewhere which will leave all existing tables incompatible but be so friggin amazing wicked awesome that nobody will be annoyed about having to reconstruct all the current games again. Luckily, VP8 never expires, so you can keep using it.

Is there a way to get older tables to image correctly using Hardware Graphic Rendering?
My ATI 9550 is looking like the old ATI bug with torn EMReels and no visible backdrop. This happens with older tables like Eala's Frontier in hardware mode, but I tried UncleWilly's Gorgar for vp9 in hardware mode last night with no problems.

I don't know Sleepy, however I worked a bit on the flippers,(the next release will have this and some more fixes) and so it will load the default values correctly to fix that issue you mentioned in another thread. I'll probably need to get some new books/materials on DirectX before I can work on any ATI problems.

I don't know Sleepy, however I worked a bit on the flippers,(the next release will have this and some more fixes) and so it will load the default values correctly to fix that issue you mentioned in another thread. I'll probably need to get some new books/materials on DirectX before I can work on any ATI problems.

Hi Destruk,

Thanks for the update. Some tables are actually showing good improvement between 9.02 and 9.03 (Indiana Jones FS is basically perfect now), and others not so much (Simpsons Party Pinball FS Night Mod is still quite painfull).

From what I can tell it seems to be related to blending multiple textures on top of each other. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

-Sharkus

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: eathearty has left the room.
      Back