VP9 and Nanotech Mot-ion

alpineswampman

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
I installed the motion controller in my cabinet and am having a couple of issues. The flippers work great, the digital plunger doesnt work on any of the tables i have. Most of the tables i play require you to press 3 on the keyboard to add credits. In VP9 options, there is only coin 1 and coin 2 which have buttons 2 and 4 assigned to them. I read about enabling the controller in VP9, but I cant figure out where.

Thanks,
Brett

I know absolutely nothing about this controller, but did it come with installation software and is there a .chm file or ReadMe.file or a help.html in the software or installation folder or in the Windows Start > All Programs menu??

I looked it up:

http://nanotechent.com/pbw-support.php

According to the installation manual beginning on p. 16:

Installing Visual Pinball Base System
Visual Pinball is a combination of the Visual Pinball program and the Visual Pin MAME emulator to load and emulate classic table ROMs.
If you already have Visual Pinball installed, skip this section and go to the Loading Visual Pinball w/Pinball Wizard Support section.
First install the basic Visual Pinball Pack by opening your Pinball Wizard Software Disc, and double clicking on Visual_Install_Pack_8.1_2.01.exe Follow the prompts to install Visual Pinball and Visual PinMAME. Follow all of the default prompts.

Loading Visual Pinball w/ Pinball Wizard Support
Open your Visual Pinball Software Disc. Copy the VPinball.exe file to your c:\program files\pinball directory. This will replace the previous version of Visual Pinball with a version that has built in support for the Pinball Wizard controller. No setup or configuration of Visual Pinball is required to use the Pinball Wizard Controller once this program is copied onto your computer.

Operation
Each button on the Pinball Wizard Controller has been assigned to a keyboard key. Depending on the pinball software that you are using, you can map these keys to various functions such as coin in, start, etc. The Pinball Wizard controller simply looks like a second keyboard to your PC for this function. The motion controller appears to your PC as a 2 axis joystick. Most programs such as Future Pinball have the option for using a joystick for table movement. Simply turn this feature on and the game will instantly recognize movement in the controller. The Plunger is recognized as the Z Axis on the joystick.

Are you sure you are using VP9? Maybe you need the VP9 version from the installation disk?

The motion unit does not come with any software, so I'm not sure where to get the file from. The flipper buttons work fine, so some support is there, just need to find out where the option is to turn on the plunger in vp9.

Thank you,
Brett

For VP9, click the plunger object in the table, click options on the left, and click on 'enable mechanical plunger' and resave the table.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: eathearty has left the room.
      Back