Solved VP9 : How to open coin door and change volume on laptop pc ?

Clsx

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Black Knight
Hi ;

I'm using my old trusty laptop pc connected to tv screen for my vp needs and encountered an issue

I have read that you have to open the coin door by pressing the end key and use 8 and 9 to adjust volume on pinmame tables

But since I'm on a laptop the only end key is on the numpad , sharing the same key as numeric 1

I have tried switching numlock on/off , using (fn) key alond with numpad 1 etc with avail

The tables I'm trying to adjust are Addams Family and Scared Stiff for VP9 , which have music and effects set to low or mute for some reason

Any ideas on this ?

Thanks

@Clsx
I was just going to send you my nvram files for the games, after I upped the volume on them.
But I think a modified VPMKeys.vbs file will work better for you.
I modified this VPMKeys.vbs to use the V key as coin door. (See Attachment.)
(I would have made the C or the D key the Coin Door key, but they are both used already, so V it is)
Extract file and place in your scripts folder. Overwrite old file.

Now you can use the V Key to open and close Coin Door.

Attachments

• VPMKeys.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 39
What is your old trusty laptop?

@Clsx
I was just going to send you my nvram files for the games, after I upped the volume on them.
(I would have made the C or the D key the Coin Door key, but they are both used already, so V it is)

Thanks very much ! , will try it and report back here :)

I did not find a solution but xenonph's file should do the trick.

@Clsx

Thanks a lot ! I tried it and it works but I had run into an issue , which is I have my nudge button set to V key , which seemingly triggers nudging when opening the coin door

I'm using an software called AntimicroX (open-source alternative to xpadder) and re-doing all the key configuration for all VP versions and AntimicroX would take some time

Would it be possible to assign the coin door a button except F K V M and other pre-defined keys ?

I looked into the vpmkeys.vbs file with Notepad+ but couldn't find the coin door key

Best regards

@Clsx
Ok Coin Door is tied to letter N now.

Attachments

• VPMKeys COINDOOR N.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 25
Solution
Wow , thanks a lot for your kindness :)

I am here to help when I can. Glad it is working for you.
If you have any other problems, do not hesitate to ask for help!!
Carry on.

Thanks a lot ,all the tables that didn't have them now work with the music and sfx perfectly

Wonder if they had music muted for default for some reason

Btw how do I close the coin door after changing the volume settings ?

And is there a downside running the table with door open ?

Best regards

Isn't the key to close the door the same as the open ? (in vpx I think it's the END key by default)

Isn't the key to close the door the same as the open ? (in vpx I think it's the END key by default)

Yep ,it seems to be the same key

The thing is that it says 'coin door open' when you open it but there are no notifications when you close it so I couldn't be sure if it was closed properly or not

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Killabot has left the room.
      Back