vpforums.org down?

Well, since this one is the one that is bumped highest, I'll post this here.

As many of you know, I am out of town, due to my father having surgery.

This site went offline when a shared host was banned from the server due to an agreement violation.

The site should have been back last night, but the former host (which was being cool with us, since we were pretty much victims of circumstance) sent us our DB backup. Well, the backup is friggin' corrupted and can't be dumped. This means I'll be leaving my folks early to get my arse home and use the backup I have there. It's from the day I left for vacation, so it will be a few days behind, but we will be back.

I leave tomorrow (was supposed to stay three weeks) and VPF will return as soon as I can get the DB in place and make a few code edits to point to the right place.

My apologies for the downtime. This is not what I'd ever want for my site, but there are times when things are out of our control, and we just have to accept that and move on.

I'll keep you posted...

-Noah

Well, you know what they say: The longer a bad luck streak runs, the longer the following good luck streak will be. Actually I just made that up, but who cares.

The McD

Ever notice nothing breaks till you aren't around to fix it! ah well we are a patient bunch now, having gotten our feet wet with crashes already

Don't get used to it from me. This is not how I do things.

We will be doing a full upgrade of forum software, download system, and other upgrades as we move to a private server.

This will be accomplished with ZERO downtime and some time at the end of AUG.

I don't do things half-assed. :)

You should finish your vacation.... Spend the time with your family as this stuff is not the least bit of importance to anyone in comparison.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: eathearty has left the room.
      Back