What To Be Thankful For?

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
Even in the best of times, we all seem to find things to fuss and complain about. So naturally, in these less than ideal times, it’s even easier to find fault with our country, the world, ourselves, friends, and neighbors. Which is why, with Thanksgiving November 22nd in the US, we might want to pause and make an effort to think of what we’re thankful for.

I’m thankful that while I’m not in perfect health, it has stablized the past several years. I’m thankful that I have the freedom still to enjoy my pipes and tobacco, and forums to post articles and discuss the pros and cons of life in general. I’m thankful for my DVD and my many DVDs, so I can enjoy my favorite TV shows from the past, as well as movies. And I’m thankful that I have a passion for reading. But I’m most thankful that college basketball is back.
<O:p
I’m also thankful that I have a good relationship, finally, with my brother and his family. While I don’t hava a lot of friends, the ones I do have have endured for a good half century. My online friends, some who are as solid as those from the 1960s, haven’t had to put up with me quite as long. So, what are you thankful for?

Hi John

I have a lot to be thankful for this year.

My daughter who is 21 just had her first baby girl. She is my first grandchild and I am thankful they are both doing well. My Dad is doing well and is now a great grand father. I only wish my Mom could have lived long enough to see her great grand daughter. So now I have to learn how to be a grandpa but yeah I am very thankful my family is doing well.

I woke up this morning something for which I am always grateful
My uncle while still in ICU is stable
my gals mom is undergoing Chemo every three weeks
and seems to be doing okay
my mom while missing her late husband (he passed away Oct 3, '09)
and what would have been their 59th wedding anniversary is coming up
but she is happier than I have seen her in a long time
and doing better (her health was a serious issues a few months back)
I am very grateful that my mom is still with us as is my uncle
(he went in to the hospital for a strangulated hernia two weeks ago they found a blockage
so kept him in for observation, and Sunday morning he had a massive heart attack
so they are keeping him in the hospital, he is I think 89 or so)
We have hope that at least he is comfy and being treated
and may yet come home again
My love and prayers go out to all this fine Thanksgiving day

I am thankful for my online friends, both here and at BBB. Being a longtime recluse I didn't have many friends in real life, but the ones I did I held on to.

BBB? Better Business Bureau?
oh the big bang bar you must mean...

Like Timmy Chigo, I'm thankful for my friends. I.e., when your family lets you down, take solace in your friends! ...is this year's lesson.

Thanks also to all you interesting guys at PN, BBB and the VP scene. There's not a lot of places I'm aware of where a middle-aged man can talk to other middle-aged men on the net without sex being part of the equation. Or something like that. :D

BBB? Better Business Bureau?
oh the big bang bar you must mean...

Lol, I actually saw Better Business Bureau on a billboard on the way to my dad's. I immediately thought of Big Bang Bar.:whistle:

I'm also thankful for my friend Pintrepid who is hosting my site, as well as setting things up for me.

well my gals mom is doing much better
same as my uncle who is going to be sent home in about a month
first though he is being sent to a rehab place to make his muscles stronger again
since he has been in the hospital for about three weeks now
and all his muscles have atrophied!
so I feel much happier than I have been in a long time
now on to Christmas and the pressures that damn holiday always brings...

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back