Which VP should I be using?

marv75

Pinball Player
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Addams Family
Seriusly I am confused now! I am using VP8.1.exe and now there's a 9.0 but it does not seem tables are made for this version...so are we still using 8.1 for now until table authors make tables for the UC physics in tables? I tried playing JPG's AFM with 9.0 and all the physics and shots were really messed up so I assume the tables would have to be modified for the newer VP9. Thanks for any information...and I am still using 8.1 just wanted some clarification that's all. Thanks! :)

Full support is being offered at http://vpforums.org your questions will all be answered shortly.

In the mean time, check the documentation in the accompanying .pdf

From what I'm getting so far Marv, use 8.1 for all existing tables, 9.0 is so radically different that it looks like it will require new (or at least updated) tables.

OK guys thanks for the heads up, will just wait and see on the new one! :)

from what I just read at the ORG, version 9 is still very buggy! as a non-teckie I'm staying with vrsn 8 for now until they (them, the MIB!) get it running better. the posts all tell of old tables not rendering properly, so just stick with what you have until it gets revised, but it sound like a good deal (in version 9 you can rotate the entire table, pefrect for building them as some things may not be visible until the rotation!) not trying to bust balls just stating what i read at VPF.org

faralos, there are many more options and settings in VP9. When you load a table from VP8, it doesn't have all the necessary settings to render properly. This is especially true of the flippers. Bear in mind, as Kurt pointed out at the Org, the decals and reels are off by default when loading a table created before those settings.

Currently, few tables using VP physics will run well, since VP physics no longer exist in VP9. The ball is bigger, as mentioned in the past, so there will be some spatial issues.

Is this really a Randy release of VP9 or is it the VP6 or 7 that ultracade worked on? I can't see the links at VPF.

must I uninstall vp8 or can i have both on my computer at thesame time? will it over write vp8? I'd like to have both in case my wip's don't work with the newer version, and I'd hate to find out the hard way. Anyone?

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: momohoho27 has left the room.
      Back