Wild Card (Williams, 1977) VP8

VP8 Williams EM Recreation Wild Card (Williams, 1977) VP8 v1.0

No permission to download
Electro-Mechanical Machines

davidsss

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Hi All

I've finished my version of Wild Card and uploaded it here and at IRPinball. Just so there is no confusion this is not a mod of Compufox's version, we both started building this one at the same time. :)

My version is a replay version and you can work out how I interpreted the rules from the release notes and the rules in the game. Neither of us has had access to a full set of rules.

This is my first reproduction so please PM me at VPForums if you encounter any problems (solutions welcome!). I have tested it thoroughly and it took a while to fix some of the problems.

Enjoy.

DS

Attachments

• wildcard_screen.jpg
    wildcard_screen.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 475
David, this is a very nice table, but since it's available at IRP, I'll have to reject it here. The flipper placement is standard, and the two kickers are fairly standard too. This of course doesn't take anthing away from what a great pair of tables you and Compufox have made. Hope you understand, and that there are no hard feelings.

John

No hard feelings, I only put it up here as Shiva is, sadly, gone and I though it better to go for 2 sites rather than 1. It hasn't appeared at IRPinball yet but I have no idea how they deal with uploads as I've never made a reproduction before.

Thanks for the quick reply.

DS

IRP is usually fairly quick, usually within 24-36 hours. Yeah, I'm still not used to not being able to visit shivaSite. I think possibly the days of having tables hosted at more than one site might be thing of the past.

John

It's a good looking table and an interesting looking playfield, I'll definately be giving it a shake.

btw davidsss, there is a free file server I use that you may want to checkout, you do need to register, I've had no spam from them.

http://www.savefile.com/

Most of the files I have hosted with them have been downloaded over 100 times. Download managers don't work and downloaders have to put up with few ads, though that doesn't seem to stop many.

Here are the stats on the files I have there.

Projects: 1
Files: 8
Downloads: 1535
Bandwidth: 2499.99MB

here is the link to them if you want to checkout the format or my files.

http://www.savefile.com/projects/667783

Thank You for another recreation of Wild Card, David!

It's fantastic having different versions and I thoroughly enjoy both of them, your version has been added to IRP.

:D

For your first effort at a reproduction I must say it looks incredible. As good as any I've seen.

Thanks for the time and effort you've obviuosly put in to this.

I will look forward to giving it a thorough workout.

Thanks Panda55. I think I was fortunate in getting a pic of a table from overhead. I'm now dealing with a pic which I have straightened and finding out the challenge of trying to get the playfield objects in the correct places after straightening a pic. We'll see how it goes :)

DS

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: MoFloh has left the room.
      Back