• We have added Language Translations for French, Italian and Spanish menus, you can change your language at the bottom of every page, bottom left in the footer.
  • Spanish (Español, Latin American) translations have been added for the Forums and Resource Manager (Downloads). You can change your Language Here!

Table Development Workshop

Hands on help for both new and established authors creating a new table
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Ike Savage:
    where is the unapprove option, anyway? is that a super mod thing or something from the admin panel?
  • @ Ike Savage:
    oh wait, I see it
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    true, but they could also be invisible to users and perhaps allow the category to be removed
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Don't know, do know that if you delete a category all files would also be removed so that's bad,
  • @ Ike Savage:
    seems like we discussed it in some length at one point and came up with the current arrangement, but I don't have a strong opinion on that stuff. the one thing I do like is that I can clear out weaker tables from the main section without deleting them
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Sounds fine to me Ike, can't disagree with ya!
  • @ Ike Savage:
    is it that you want to declutter more of the resources section?
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    No it's fine
  • @ Ike Savage:
    also, just to be clear-- the issue with "unapprove" is that you don't know if the table actually gets deleted from the server, right? AFAIK I have no way of seeing where the tables actually lie on the server, so it's something I can't test effectively
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    They wouldn't get deleted from the server, I don't think.
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Can we get back to the subdomain folders/files, the uploads.pinballnirvana.com folder is where uploads would need to be, just wondering what might need to be deleted..
  • @ Ike Savage:
    do you mind a phone call? probably easier to discuss, save some wear and tear on my hands, too
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    No problems Ike, can't talk now but will try and set this up.
  • @ Ike Savage:
    okay, well let me know if you need space cleared up across the torrent area, because I have some ideas
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Yeah, noticed a .zip file contains many versions etc..
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Uploading a 1.34 GB Pink Floyd The Wall zip file via ftp to test...
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    The file is actually on the server in FP originals but isn't public.
  • @ Anthias:
    Um, so, Hi!. What did I miss? (he says as though he ducked to the toilet while the adds were on...)
  • @ AnonTet:
    Hi guys, I«m asking here as it might have a quicker response. How can I check the ball size used by authors in FP? or at least the default size if anyone knows. Thanks
  • @ Gimli:
    Most FP authors use the default size and don't know how to use BAM to alter it.
  • @ Gimli:
    I think it may be 13.8 though
  • @ AnonTet:
    Thanks. But while I've waited I've looked at a ring around a ramp in LotR that's 26mm so i figure the ball being 24mm. A bit short of real life ball size if that's so.
  • @ AnonTet:
    of course I could've used my brains earlier and create a table with some carefully spaced guides and check that the ball is in fact 27mm in diameter. Peeking at fp.exe and bam.dll and there's no way to change this. you can set the colour and the id to track it though (but that's known)
  • @ Gimli:
    With Bam custom ball coding you can create balls of any size...see my titorial
  • @ Gimli:
    +1
    @ Gimli: https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?threads/bam-feature-how-to-guides.19601/post-120547 +1