Gottlieb Sure Shot (Gottlieb, 1976) help

djktel

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Monopoly
My kids were playing one day and all worked fine, yesterday I went to play and it doesn't work. The new game starts the machine, the ball flips up; however the backglass doesn't start the game. It is not in tilt mode! It doesn't show ball 1, and the score doesn't reset, it just sits on 00000. The flipers don't work as well. After shooting the ball, it goes down between the flippers and all the mechanical relays turn, but then the same thing all over. It's not totally dead. Lights are on, but it seems like it just won't start the game, even though the ball will flip up. I know the free game was sticking but that is all I can think of.

Any help I would really appreciate. I am an electronic tech by trade. I thought I would ask some questions before diving in.

Thanks

I have a similar problem

Did you find the problem? I have a sure shot that will not score points. The machine resets, all lights come on correctly, the ball advances to the shooter and the machine indicates ball #1. But the pops are dead, the slingshots are dead and it will not score any points. When the ball drains it kicks to the shooter and indicates ball #2. I can run 5 balls through it and then it indicates game over.

Any idea where to look?

Sure Shot Repair

The problem with mine was right under the "gutter" where the ball sits, there is a relay with a plastic piece that pushes down to reset everything. This plastic piece had broken; therefore, the relay never made contact. Did you check all your fuses, I believe there are 5. What I found with playing with all the solenoids is that my pressing each one with my hand, each one pressed will cause something on the playfield to react. If you press one and nothing happens, have a look at the contact on that particular one. Let me know. I can dig deeper.

I found the problem

I did check the fuses, the ball kicker and rollover. I used the schematic and checked the 5 relays in the circuit. It turned out to be one switch in the AX relay not making contact. If you don't have a schematic, you can get one from Steve Young's Pinball Resource. They are worth their weight in gold.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back