Attack From Mars (Bally-Midway, 1995) (FizX 3.3)

Bally SS Recreation BAM FizX FP Attack From Mars (Bally-Midway, 1995) (FizX 3.3) 1.03

No permission to download
This is the final version 1.03, replacing preliminary release candidates 1 and 2. Note that I added two new videos to the Overview tab that I encourage you to watch.

Note: If you have downloaded either of the release candidates, you will need to delete the fpRam files for the table located at:

C:\Games\Future Pinball\fpRAM\Attack From Mars 1.03.fpRAM
C:\Games\Future Pinball\fpRAM\Attack From Mars 1.03, Rotated Display.fpRAM

This step is necessary because a new option has been added to the Game Tweaker. The fpRam file must be deleted whenever such changes are made to avoid getting error messages. Also note that only the *.fpt table files and the Instructions PDF file have changed from RC1 and RC2. There is no need to replace the other files.

I was unable to upload the files for this table as one compressed file so I had to split the files apart and attach two files. The contents of each attachment is as follows:
  • Attack From Mars 1.03 Main Download.7z – Contains everything you need for normal desktop installation, virtual reality and cabinets that do not have three monitors.
  • Attack From Mars 1.03 Other Files.7z – Contains files needed for rotated display and a three monitor cabinet setup. You will need the Main Download in addition to this file.
A user known as Enthusiast helped me test the table on his cabinet. He encountered some difficulty opening the tweaker after installing the table. To display the tweaker on the playfield apron, the HUD needs to be turned off. Enthusiast used the "Hide Overlays" option in BAM’s Addons menu to turn off all HUD displays. He was unaware that he also needed to manually turn off the HUD to display the tweaker on the playfield apron. To address this, I added code that automatically detects when the table is being played on a cabinet and turns the HUD off. Enthusiast tested this update and was able to install the table on his cabinet without having to make any changes or adjustments to the table.

I developed code with different default settings for one of the SSF options in the Game Tweaker, intending to make SSF sounds louder than those for FP. Unfortunately, the code did not function as intended, and SSF-equipped cabinets played at the FP user level. Consequently, I changed the default volume to 1.0 for all users. FP users can adjust it on the Game Tweaker if they find it too loud.

Enthusiast noted problems with the up flipper sound. I added Fleep's sound recordings of real tables to this table. Fleep recorded each sound multiple times, including the up flipper sound. SSF randomly plays different recordings of each sound to enhance realism. The issue was caused by excessive variation among the up flipper sounds, so I deleted some of them to improve consistency.

I want to express my gratitude to Enthusiast for his significant help. He requested a version of the table for a 3-monitor pinball cabinet, which I created and gave to him but also included it in the download. This version works on his cabinet.

The Super Skill Shot, added by SpacePirateScott, was problematic and occasionally didn't work. Despite extensive code reviews, we could not identify any bugs. I finally resolved the issue when I found an intermittently operating wire trigger and replaced it with an opto trigger.

For table developers, I have renamed all the triggers for ball rolling sounds in the AIO Example Table, adding ramp numbers to their names (e.g., Ramp1). I couldn't have added all the ramp related code to this table if I hadn't done this. Table developers are welcome to use this naming convention. Search for Ramp5 in the script for the code. It is the only ramp that doesn't converge with other ramps and will be easier to copy to the AIO. You might be interested in the debug code also. I rounded off values that were displayed in scientific notation for easier reading and made some other changes.

I changed this table more than I originally anticipated, resulting in a long development time. Not only were new BAM features added but some latent problems from previous versions were also resolved. I believe these improvements have significantly enhanced the table. I hope you enjoy it.

List of Changes:
  1. Added ball rolling sound to a ramp in the launch lane.
  2. Created a version of the table for a 3-monitor pinball cabinet.
  3. Deleted two up flipper sounds on each flipper to reduce sound variation.
  4. Added code to automatically turn off the HUD when the table is played on a cabinet.
  5. Replaced an intermittently operating wire trigger with an opto trigger to fix the Super Skill Shot malfunctions.
  6. Fixed issues with the reset to default and reset to startup options on the Game Tweaker.
  7. Added a new parameter for 14 custom camera views in the Game Tweaker.
  8. Increased the range of the "Pf Insert Glow Radius" parameter on the Lighting Tweaker.
  9. Corrected the "Audio Preset Volumes" option on the Game Tweaker to adjust background music volume.
  10. Changed the default value of the "Loud SSF Game Sound" parameter to 1.0 for all users.
  11. Revised the Instruction PDF file included in the download.
George
Reactions: Zobou and xenonph
I forgot to include the Pup-Pack for the SSF in the download but it is there now.
Reactions: Zobou
The table had so many changes that the description on the main page was rewritten.
Version 1.02-1 produced a meditation error that occurs when the table is tilted. It takes quite a few nudges to make the table tilt so you may not have noticed it. Version 1.02-2 fixes it so you won't get the meditation error.

George
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    Deeznutsnmuth has left the room.
    mbr has left the room.
    Ylliem has left the room.
    Rui3 has left the room.
    baliw has left the room.
    losthighway76 has left the room.
    Totevski72 has left the room.
    joeuro has left the room.
    oettmane has left the room.
    charly_ey has left the room.
    j24sailr has left the room.
    dwood has left the room.
    gregonitov has left the room.
    Drogo has left the room.
    SmashXD has left the room.
    mrdarc has left the room.
    butterface5000 has left the room.
    Pinheads has left the room.
    helptv has left the room.
    joeboxer has left the room.
    Auleric has left the room.
    vizzone has left the room.
    Develop has left the room.
    Krusty104 has left the room.
    grh450 has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: grh450 has left the room.
      Back