• This particular section gets infrequent use these days, so we'd honestly recommend you check out Pinside's Biz and Market sections as well.

Still, there's a load of history here that may help researchers. When using the "Search" button in upper right, be sure to choose "This forum."

1948 Bally Ballerina

FWSPIN

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Bally Ballerina
Hey guys and gals. I have a 1948 Bally Ballerina. I've had this pinball machine since I was 9 years old and I'm 26 now. I don't really know much about this machine or what they are worth. I'm looking to find out what this ballerina is worth and the rarity of it. I have tried to search the internet for any information about it and haven't really found much. Any help about it or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• 125.JPG
    125.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 312
  • 126.JPG
    126.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 337
  • 123.JPG
    123.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 312
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=141&picno=28020

It looks like you have a rare machine and your machine looks to be in pretty good condition. The IPDB has no list of owners and I saw only one entry at the pinball serial number registry. Those machines tend to go from $400 to $1000 or so in average good shape. I think a fully restored wood rail machine could fetch $1400 to $3000 + for the real popular models. It is hard to tell from a couple photos. Sometimes an un-restored antique can have a high value in great original condition. That unusual flipper is one of the firsts in pinball design. I see a machine worth around $800 - $1000 if it is in original good working order. I base this on the rarity of the machine, the good condition of the back glass and playfield. I would probably be willing to pay about that, anyway...C_S

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the input and help Coil_Smoke. The machine used to work very well but hasn't been played in many many years, which is a shame with how much fun I used to have with it. It worked until my dad messed with something in the back and it quit working and has been since stored. I talked to Dr. Scotts Pinball in Maumee Ohio (about an hour from where I live) about getting it running again and getting all new rubber on the bumpers and what have you (round about $500). I kind of figured it was rare from the very little info I could find about it and seeing it was produced during the war. I have the wood that is missing from the front of the machine to hold the glass in. I found it on the inside of the machine under the playfield lol. Everything is there minus the door for the coin box. I'd say it's in fair shape IMO but I don't really know too much about these. It has wear by the flipper buttons and some wear on the sides. I'll post up some more pictures I took of it yesterday.

Attachments

• 128.JPG
    128.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 271
  • 130.JPG
    130.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 269
  • 124.JPG
    124.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 273
Last edited:
i cant see investing $500 into a woodrail for resale. most woodrail people want to do all the work themselves. as for selling the machine , a machine is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. there are pricing guides for pins , i think PBR has sold them in the past.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: momohoho27 has left the room.
      Back