A Series Of Andy Griffith Show Tables Planned

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
Hey y'all,

I've been gathering images and trying to find sounds for a table based on the Andy Griffith Show. I had figured I'd have Andy, Opie, Barney, Aunt Bee, Floyd, the whole bunch, and especially Otis, in honor of Mack1. But I found out tonight about the death of Howard Morris, who played Ernest T Bass, the brick throwing nut, on May 21, 2005.

So I've decided to expand my project into a series of tables about each of or several of the more popular characters on the show. I even have a few ideas already for the Andy & Barney table, the Otis Campbell table, and the Floyd The Barber table. And there could be more, I'll have to see.

So far it doesn't look like it will be any trouble finding images, but I'm having fits finding sounds that are either mp3 or wav formats. Anyone who can help who have my gratitude, and the protection of the Barney Fife Security Agency. No SS as yet.

John

Attachments

• otis.jpg
    otis.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 687
  • otis-and-andy.jpg
    otis-and-andy.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 721
Still a long way to go before i can even begin coding, but at least here's something to look at. The right target bank is Cell #1, which is where Otis spends modt Friday nights. Teh other target bank is Cell #2, and yes, Braney went and slammed to cell door shut on himsef again, so you have to drop 6 targets to spring him. The bumpers represent the old space heater, the water crock Otis likes to spike with moonshine, and the hook with the cell door key so Otis can come and go as he needs. The kicker at the lower right is a basket of Aunt Bee's fried chicken, for when Andy, Opie, Barney, and Otis go fishing at Meyer's lake.

Right now it looks like there will be at least 4 Mayberry tables, and then I'll be doing a series of tables based on my othe favorite TV show, The Waltons. Stay tuned for more updates.

Attachments

• otis2.jpg
    otis2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 683
I had forgotten how much he looked like a cross between Joe DeRita and Elmer Fudd.

Tom

Ha, pretty good call there Tom. But I think he was even more child-like than Opie in a lot of ways. And so you know, there will be at least a Barber Shop table, A Wally's gas Station Table, and of course a Barney Fife table. There could be more than that, and in the end some may be combined, but I'm going to try to squeeze in as many of the town folk as I can.

Funny thing, I've started collecting stuff for my series of Walton's tables, and there are plenty of sound bites, but I still haven't founs any sounds for the Mayberry tables. If you'd like, I'll add you to my list of testers for the Gomer & Goober table.

John

Well, I've made some progress on this table, which will be titled Sobering Up Otis. The story line has Barney locking himself in Cell # 2 again, and writing his 15th letter of resigantion. And this time Andy accepts it. The only problem is that Otis is sleeping one off in Cell # 1, and you have to sober him up so he can become the new deputy.

Now that won't be easy, since Otis road his cow to the Courthouse last night, so you have to not only sober up Otis, you have to do something with the cow, which is in the Courthouse too.

Otis is in his cell to the right, Barney is in his cell to the left, and Andy is off tracking down Raff Hollister's still again. Not only that, Jimmie the goat has started eating the courthouse.

You have to knock down the Cow Bell targets in the center, which will lower the corral gate and give access to the bumpers up top, which represent the faulty heater, the water crock which Otis has spiked again, and the cell door key. The bumpers also give you a lot of points.

You also need to knock down the Otis targets as well as the Barney targets, which give access to kicker cups. Lock a ball in both kickers and then hit all three bumpers before that dang cow wanders back inside and a 2 ball mini-event will be triggered. Now all you have to hope is that neither Floyd nor Goober come barging into the courthouse making your job even harder.

Still a lot of work to do, as well as the coding, so it might be a ways off before this one is released.

John

Attachments

• sober.jpg
    sober.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 662
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back