Tutorial Adjusting the Main Light

GeorgeH

Flippered Out
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Attack From Mars
I have had trouble figuring out where the main light shines on tables. Adjusting it seems a bit like hit or miss. I created a demo table where I set the specular light to "0" for the playfield and most of the other table objects. This makes the areas not directly hit by the main light become pitch black. If you set the lighting to "Day" mode, the other areas of the table will be illuminated normally where the light hits. You can try out various settings for the main light and see what happens. It seems odd when I turn the light lock on, the light appears to shift a bit.

I found this useful so I thought you guys might like to try it.

The following is a screenshot below that shows the X, Y and Z positions and the view of the table. You can determine by the arc on the table that the main light is positioned somewhere above and directly in front of the table. Note that the specular set to "0" only allows direct beams to hit the table and eliminates any diffuse or reflected light. This demo table is only informational so you can see where the light is coming from. You would never use it on a real table.

1663795310177.png

Attachments

• Main Light.fpt
    224 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: paskite has left the room.
      Back