JonPurpleHaze

Site Nudger
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Drop-A-Card
Kindly post any suggestions for the website here, including but not limit to design and integration issues. This includes The Magic of Flipperless, the new chat room and forums.

I must praise tiltjlp for his tireless contributions to everything that has happened for our Nudgers Nirvana, this has truly been a "team" effort and has been a joy working with him.

I'm open to suggestions and/or VOTING for any changes.:happy7:
Although these forums are focused on flipperless beauty's, feel free to suggest ANY new categories and forums, as I don't want this place to feel like a private club....

:Fade-color

Upvote 0
Teamwork

Thanks for your kind words, Jon, and yes, we make a pretty decent team. I knew that someone who liked Hendrick would be OK. I've been in a sort of Purple Haze all my life, but not chemically induced.

When we first discuused a Flipperless site over a year ago, I never dreamed it would ever really happen. I think the mix of historic and creative originals, plus the history, is a perfect blend.

TMOF has given me a new enthusiasm, and a new direction for my writing, so I thank you for providing not only the server space, but the technical knowledge behind my favorite toy. But I would like to know when we can expect your first Flipperless table release, Jon. :p

John

Hi Jon, I tried 2 times to upload my avitar pic using a Bitmap image, it wouldn't work, I then switched it to a Jpg and it worked. My suggestion is for you to list the type of file/files that you can upload for use as an avitar. Once again, thanks for the great site!

Bob

Good idea

But JPH will have to handle that, since I'm a moron when it comes to anything technical, and to me that is high tech.

John

Thank's for the suggestion Bob,

It's officially on my "ToDo" list..... :)

This isn't a suggestion,
But I have a question

I saw a post by a guest,
Was that suppose to happen?

No it wasn't

The one you saw was from Druadic when he forgot to log in. Since then someone else posted an unfriendly username and comment. Now you need to register to post, but there is no approval or wait required.

John

bob said:
This isn't a suggestion,
But I have a question

I saw a post by a guest,
Was that suppose to happen?

Yes bob, I originally set these up so that guests could post to forums, Yesterday I changed that because of what tiltjlp mentions. Guests can still read the forums, but can no longer post..

The acceptable avatar images are .jpg, .gif and .png, I'll try to add a description for visitors.

Search Engines

Have you made this website available ? How long can i be the only one supplying input ?
](*,)

Re: Search Engines

brutus said:
Have you made this website available ? How long can i be the only one supplying input ?
](*,)

We can't force people to post. . . . But if you have any suggestions, this is the right thread to suggest them in. :-k

oops

I meant available to Search Engines such as google.As far as i've learned you have to apply.
:drinking:

Re: oops

brutus said:
I meant available to Search Engines such as google.As far as i've learned you have to apply.
:drinking:

I just searched Google for "VP Pinball Flipperless" and the 1st link was
http://www.saharasales.com/flipperless/links.html

and the second link was
http://www.saharasales.com/flipperless/magicinfo.html

Then I searched "VP Pinball Forums" and the 5th and 6th links were to Magic Pinball Forums and the 7th link was to ShivaSite

I think we are getting plenty of hits, but I think we are thought of as a "Flipperless Site" The word "Flipperless" appears in BIG letters at the top of all our pages. Now there's not anything wrong with that, but most people want flippers. If we wanted to grow, I feel we need to move the word "Flipperless" to the bottom of the page, but it may still be hard to shake the "flipperless" image from the minds of VP'ers as far as this forums identity is concerned. Or, on the other hand, maybe VPF and VPFF offers everything that "flippered" pinballers need at this time.

I was hoping that maybe we could bring some of the VP extremist together on this forum in a common neutral ground for them to discuss their past and current problems with each other in a sensible way. But I am beginning to realize that they absolutely don't like each other and don't want to resolve any past or present issues that they have with each other. This is a real shame, as we are all more or less losers in this situation, I feel VP is slowly dying and only a handful of people can save it.

Any comments?

VP Flipperless

Thats what i kind of left out.Why would anyone search for flipperless,except maybe your members.That info is here anyway.I really think it should be described as VP Arcade.This might produce an Arcade Games search to list this forum.I was very surprised to see the connection with pinball. :roll: Even if its a "pin" launching a "ball"
Aside though,being 69 years young,and even though i don't play them a lot,it's great to relive these golden oldies from my past.Thanks a Lot.
:drinking: again.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: GeorgeH has posted a new reply in the thread "Sounds library".
      Back