am looking for a table author

faralos

Faralos
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flash
I am currently looking for this table author! he is the author of one of the tables to be modded for play with the ‘A’ key. I want to ask his permission to mod the table to be played using only the ‘A’ key (see other posts pertaining to that)
Michael Shaunessy
it may be someone I know but I only know you guys by your avatar names here!

the Elvis table has no author listed anywhere. does anyone know who made this table?

Attachments

• Elvis table.jpg
    Elvis table.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 301
Pinman I think.

I don't know how to get a hold of him though.

PM him here. While he doesn't post, I have seen him online once or twice.

I have another author i can't locate. The fish frenzy table was modded without me getting official permission so I will delete the upload until I get permission. Now what if i can't find these guys? can I still post their tables? seems unfair if they are long gone from the scene...and I can't get hold of any of them...

Rod Utting & Chris Leathley

these two made the fish frenzy table back in 2001... anyone know of them?

As I mentioned in the other post,
Chris Leathley is Black, the well-known co-contributor to the Visual Pinball program and the author of the Future Pinball program.

I can't find Pinman here so i can't pm him. the only reference to that name is a table made by Tiltjp or however you spell it! sorry got lost with that spelling sigh guess he is another one i won't find... I'll keep a lookout for him here and over at vpf though same for chris the Fp author
ok I found pinmans name in the registry list so i pm'med him. hope to hear back from him...
black has not posted here since 2006, hope i can find rocketman

Last edited:
I would bet anything that you would not have a problem with Pinman. I remember him well. His first release was a Pac_Man table. He's an old timer in more ways than one. A nice guy too.

Regardless these A key mods could be considered personal mods, am I right? They are for a disabled person? I suppose if you plan to post them instead of a direct delivery then you are going about it the right way.

Good luck in your contacts.

I have another author i can't locate. The fish frenzy table was modded without me getting official permission so I will delete the upload until I get permission. Now what if i can't find these guys? can I still post their tables? seems unfair if they are long gone from the scene...and I can't get hold of any of them...

Rod Utting & Chris Leathley

these two made the fish frenzy table back in 2001... anyone know of them?

Sorry, no, you can't upload any recreation without the author's permission. That's the community-wide rule. As for the A key conversions, you can of course do those and send them to Petunia, you just can't share them without the original author's OK.

I think John meant to say 'creation' recreation is just one type of creation.

No, I meant recreation, as in recreation of a real pinball game. No big deal either way.

Why the fuss these mods are so basic, why the need for a release at all, just add the few lines of script needed and pass the tables back, honestly WTF?

well I already got a reply at vpf that someone else has a cousin with Cp and that mod (the peanuts table) has gotten her to start to play pinball! This is the reason i want them back up. So others less fortunate can enjoy our hobby too. I know it seems meaningless to some of you but I like to help others ( I come from a long line of Scouters, both Boy and Girl) and if this does then I am all for it!

Hey faralos, maybe we should lobby the developers to include the A key control under Editor Preferences?

EDIT: Can't we simply instruct people to set the VP > Preferences > Keys to the same key, or am I missing something?

Last edited:
That reminds me. There was another member several years ago who needed a table built with the A key style of control.
We all pitched in to make one back then.

just got permission from Pinman!

petunia had a few tables made years back by Rascal (snow white and frosty) I just got permission from Pinman (the post sits over at vpf) to redo the Elvis table...but here it is...

Attachments

• Pinmans reply.jpg
    Pinmans reply.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 278
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Killabot has left the room.
      Back