At last...Rafal next Gem!

Great job! thanks.
ok, I tried the new demo, it doesn't crash, I have to wait about a minute, but then the demo opens

I hope that I don't create problems if I show the demo, but it's just to show that I can open the demo, and at the same time, I wanted to ask if everything I see in the demo is correct, and that therefore my pc, be able to work this nice gif

so I can say that my pc, manages to work in this level of animation gif:D, I hope it works in other higher levels of gif animations but maybe I dream in technicolor :eek:

View attachment video gif.mp4

Process Documentation:
So what new between old versions and this one (vK)

Adobe media encoder create gif from mp4 the same way MS Word does html pages : Very badly with too much unnecessary stuff.
At first, I composed the animation in After effect and batch export it to Adobe Media Encoder so it created the original Gifs
They were huge in size but I didn't notice it at first. I recompress them with EZGif Optimizer online, so they drop to mostly 60% of their original weight.

Improvement from the code (line 220 to 440).
Every time I start a looping animation, I make sure all of the others are not spinning in the back
so only the concerne animation is in action on the translite.

Great job! thanks.
ok, I tried the new demo, it doesn't crash, I have to wait about a minute, but then the demo opens

I hope that I don't create problems if I show the demo, but it's just to show that I can open the demo, and at the same time, I wanted to ask if everything I see in the demo is correct, and that therefore my pc, be able to work this nice gif

so I can say that my pc, manages to work in this level of animation gif:D, I hope it works in other higher levels of gif animations but maybe I dream in technicolor :eek:

View attachment 14595

You should redo your video Paolo :) Use the key H and J to cycle through the 23 animations. Also you can hit F9 to display the FPS while FP is running. And yes don't worry, it is not a problem to show any video , mod or mashup about my work.

@Jens.L can you report on your end if this version work?

@Gimli @GeorgeH Did some test too converting GIFs to APNG. APNG is only 10% smaller than gif, does it still worth it for Rav to look into it?

Last edited:
You should redo your video Paolo :) Use the key H and J to cycle through the 23 animations. Also you can hit F9 to display the FPS while FP is running. And yes don't worry, it is not a problem to show any video , mod or mashup about my work.

Thanks,Steve,
I didn't know I to press H / J, I didn't notice it in the script, ok I do a another video and I show your suggestion, replacing it with what I put before

EDIT:ok, Steve here is the video with the animation in sequence (with "J") one at a time, I also highlighted the FPS, I hope I did everything correct

View attachment video gif2.mp4

Last edited:
Ok! so it work really well! I am very glad :) I will leave it aside for a moment and will now try to load animated 3D objects in BAM.
Might need some pointers...

Ok! so it work really well! I am very glad :) I will leave it aside for a moment and will now try to load animated 3D objects in BAM.
Might need some pointers...
Steve make sure you start with NON-Animated 3d objects first to get the hang of it. As not all animated ones will work.....

I don't know why I didn't realize this until now...as I already did this process with my "BB-8 Ball" for star wars....but we can add spherical maps of all different kinds to "Toy Balls"

And then we can also add bump maps.

I know we already have a large library of very nice "custom balls" but with this method we also can have bump maps.

The earth ball looks really nice now....I also added Soccer, Volleyball, Basket ball , tennis and golf ball.
Some of them are not particularly high resolution...but this is a proof of concept. Make sure "new renderer" is enabled in BAM to see bump maps.

Attachments

• GifBall_JJ.fpt
    19.6 MB · Views: 119
OK, thx!. do you know if constant shader is possible in BAM?

OK, thx!. do you know if constant shader is possible in BAM?
I have never heard of that. But once you have loaded a model or bump map , you can go to BAM textures in BAM /Dev menu and choose between a bunch of things...then you have to add the code

@Jens.L can you report on your end if this version work?

@Gimli @GeorgeH Did some test too converting GIFs to APNG. APNG is only 10% smaller than gif, does it still worth it for Rav to look into it?

WOW...

I' am happy, yours and also Gimli's Table are totally fluid. The Table starts after 1 minute after loading. I get constant 60fps if i press F9 and play the Table.
Also the Backglas looks perfect for me. The cartoons are also sharp and fluid.
I am eager to see what happens next :)

Jens

I will try it when I finish POTO.

Ok...first import of a 3d model with BAM (not fp and not yet animated). The interesting thing is that there seem to be no limit of grouped objects that can be made into one. I easily see a full table build in a 3d editor and imported as a props into FP via BAM. (1 Object = space saver)

Attachments

• GifBall_L.fpt
    80 MB · Views: 107
Here is another example,(thanks to Rav, who explained to me) of custom ball, you can choose up to 6 types, but you can add as many as you want.

You can also see the various shades, in darknight and day light, and new renderer active or not

Press the key

F:
to change the Gif
G: SetLightsDay
H:
SetLightsDarkNight
J:
New Rendere active or not,NOTE: press 4 times, to toggle both in New Rendere active or not.....OR......SetLightsDay/SetLightsDarkNight

NOTE:
You can also see that in SetLightsDarkNight the ball is brighter, thanks to this new feature xBAM.Lights.BallBrightness = 4.0
search
for 'Wild in the script.

Question Rav, it is possible that the shadow ball also reflects the Gif?

View attachment CustomModeBall.mp4

Attachments

• CCWILD.fpt
    7.6 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Ok...first import of a 3d model with BAM (not fp and not yet animated). The interesting thing is that there seem to be no limit of grouped objects that can be made into one. I easily see a full table build in a 3d editor and imported as a props into FP via BAM. (1 Object = space saver)
I am interested to see if you can import and an animated model now ?

Question Rav, it is possible that the shadow ball also reflects the Gif?
The Gif does reflect a ball shadow in my video above Paolo.... check to see if you have playfield reflections enabled in FP video settings

Yes, Bob, I didn't have the reflections activated in FP, so I activated them, but it didn't solve the problem, I think the problem is another
I think this is it
Cattura58.JPG

these are the "PEG" models the ones you used, now if you try to remove the reflection in the playfield, you will notice that it no longer reflects the GIF

now I don't know what the solution could be, but watch the video the ball to the left and the FP ball, and two more are the Pegs,
try to remove the reflection in the red circle

View attachment cc1.mp4

So.... the question arises spontaneously, in my way of doing "custom ball", therefore without using "peg" or Miniplayfield, as a variant, how is it possible to activate the reflection of the GIF in the FP ball?

but I want to remember that I don't know if I do something wrong

The ball reflection is not the same thing as a ball shadow. If the ball shadow is working, it tends to hide the ball reflection because they often occupy the same space. I don't see any ball shadows in Bob's video but the refection is quite strong.

The ball reflection is not the same thing as a ball shadow. If the ball shadow is working, it tends to hide the ball reflection because they often occupy the same space. I don't see any ball shadows in Bob's video but the refection is quite strong.
Ball shadows are present too when you zoom out but only on toys with balls inside them. In my video those are just toys

The ball reflection is not the same thing as a ball shadow.

I agree with you, G, this is what I also know, but I asked if it is possible, the reflection of the "Gif", not of the ball, in fact here is the reason, because I do not enable "mirror playfield into ball" in FP

this option in my opinion, negatively affects both "shadow ball" and "Gif"

now...Bob,use toys in "PEG", and the reflection of the "Gif" is present, we see this, but precisely because it is a toy, and as I said above, in a toy it can be activated, in the FP editor the "reflects off playfield "

but I meant on the ball generated by FP, now the "shadow ball" function, we can see the shadow of the ball, (nice thing), we know it, but I asked and I hope we could do the "Gif" reflection on the playfield,as in Bob's toys, but with the ball generated by FP.

now I asked Rav if it's possible, and he suggested that I do like Bob, but those are toys, how do we do for the FP ball?

now I asked Rav if it's possible, and he suggested that I do like Bob, but those are toys, how do we do for the FP ball?
If you assign toys to balls then you will get shadows as long as the opacity of the ball is > 0

Try this demo and you will see a gif ball with shadows (As long as you have shadows enabled in BAM)

Attachments

• GifBallSteve2.fpt
    5.3 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
ok, Bob.and thanks, but this demo i see it, there is always the miniplayfield variant and toy, I am unable to use
but I use another method, you can see it in my demo

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: blackspatular is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back