TerryRed

Pinball Master
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
My Virtual Pinball Cabinet
AtGames Legends Pinball - Red'View

Welcome to my first Red'View video!

This isn't an "advertisement" for the ALP.... but my own review of it that may be handy for those who have an interest in it. AtGames sent me one to play around with, and all they asked for was my honest review and experiences with it.

This is a long, and detailed video review, yet simple enough for everyone to relate to and understand. There is a lot to cover on this product as it has a lot of features.

Note: this specific video does not cover in detail the VIBS addon (for switching the Backglass) or the Arcade Control Panel in detail, as I'm doing separate videos for those. I'll also go into more detail of using PC pinball apps (VPX, FP, FX3, etc) in the VIBS video.

Is it a product for "everyone" interested in virtual pinball? Watch the video to find out.

Cool stuff, thank you!

I hadn't planned to get one of these at all, but somehow your "A-to-Z" approach, including unhpacking the unit, has unexpectedly built up my enthusiasm. oO

Also, that must have been a nice feeling when AtGames approached you of their own volition. Reinforcing the success of your YT and general pin projects, I take it?

Btw, as someone with a somewhat naturally reedy / muddy voice myself, I'm wondering if it might be helpful for you to do some light processing on your voice work in order to increase comprehensibility. For example-- perhaps either boosting or damping the general mid-section (like an equaliser). Just a thought, anyway.

Thanks again for all your work. <3

I think I just need better audio and video equipment to start with so I don't have the nasal-congested helium inhaling reviewer voice, :p

AtGames Legends Pinball - Arcade Control Panel : Red'View of this Game Changing Add-On!

AtGames has sent me their Arcade Control Panel Add-On for their Legends Pinball Cabinet so I can share my experiences with it. I give you all the details you need to know, and show it in action with AddOnX, CoinOpsX, and PC games using OTG. Let's dive into this Red'View video!

(For those who want to see something different... goto 7:22 to see "Bash it Bez". A silly mod of the Wreck it Ralph game where I replace Ralph's head and some sounds with my wife's head and sounds.)

Update: YT said the video was fine... then complained about copyright 5 mins after posting... rrrrgh... will have a new video up soon.

Last edited:
I have no experience with cabinets and this looks like a possibility, don't have much room, it's 5.3 Feet in length and 3.3 in width I think?
Could be a nice fit for me, loved the review.

Wondering if having a dedicated PC is required or if you can use your current computer?
I'd like to play the older EM's with this, saw mentions of flash drives, I assume you can add external hard drives.

Looks interesting, I'll do some research.

:pinball:

OK... round 2. This video is good to go.

AtGames Legends Pinball - Arcade Control Panel : Red'View of this Game Changing Add-On!

AtGames has sent me their Arcade Control Panel Add-On for their Legends Pinball Cabinet so I can share my experiences with it. I give you all the details you need to know, and show it in action with AddOnX, CoinOpsX, and PC games using OTG. Let's dive into this Red'View video!

(For those who want to see something different... goto 7:22 to see "Bash it Bez". A silly mod of the Wreck it Ralph game where I replace Ralph's head and some sounds with my wife's head and sounds.)

This Rig is about $1000 Canadian ?

This Rig is about $1000 Canadian ?

The cabinet is around $1000 CAD, and I think you can only currently get it at The Brick.

The Add-ons, Arcade Control Panel and VIBS (to switch the backglass, recommended for PC pinball) are currently not available at The Brick, so I don't know where Canadians would need to purchase it.

The pandemic has made availability a bit low all around.

To make sure everyone understands... the cabinet does not have a "Windows PC" built into it. It has its own board that allows it to play the Gottlieb / Zaccaria / Taito tables. You need a complete PC to play anything like FP / VPX / FX3 on it. To see the PC backglass, you need the add-on VIBS (which I will cover in my next video).

Terry, your Red-Views of the ALP features are the most concise yet comprehensive breakdown I have found on the InterWeb. You provide a perfect mix of layman's verbage and the necessary technical points for clear understanding. Your disclaimer about not being the sole point of reference at the end of the reviews is spot-on.

While I have only been involved in cabinet-based virtual pinball for a couple of months (the ALP was my entry into the hobby), your posts and videos have enabled me to deep-dive into this world. I have little fear when it comes to modding, but it surely helps to have a place to go for direction. So far I have added a 3rd-screen DMD, replaced the stock exciters with Dayton-25s, replaced the backbox speakers with 3" Infinity Reference units, and I'm getting ready to add the PinScape accelerometer for OTG analog nudging.

I think the ALP is a superb device out of the box (with the same small reservations you expressed), but the ease with which it can be altered and improved is truly impressive. Thanks for adding your expertise to the ALP world.

It looks like you get quite a lot for the price. I take it that you could use the CPU on your regular PC with it but still use the PC as you would normally.

Last edited:
It looks like you get quite a lot for the price. I take it that you could use the CPU on your regular PC with it but still use the PC as you would normally.

Yes, if your GPU has multiple outputs...BUT... some apps like FP are very particular about multiple monitors and how they are used and positioned, etc. I describe this in my Mega Guide. Most people eventually just settle on a dedicated PC... but I could see people using a PC for pinball, retro arcade gaming... and VR pinball (and PC Vr on the same PC) with this cabinet.

Last edited by a moderator:
AtGames Legends Pinball - VIBS : Red'View

AtGames has sent me a VIBS to try out on the Legends Pinball, so I can share my experiences with it. This Addon will allow you to connect your PC to the Legends Pinball Backglass monitor, so you can see all the wonderful pinball displays and scores for each game.

I talk about the install and setup, operation, as well as likes and dislikes. I show how it works, and give some examples of different backglass types for VPX / FP / FX3. I also give some essential tips that an ALP owner show know in regards to PC pinball and the VIBS.

I bought this accessory, but do not plan to hook up a PC to my Atgames Pinball machine. What are your recommendations for games purchases (that are worthwhile, not some 1980s junk) purchaseable through Atgames store? Kind of tough to figure out. Thanks.

I bought this accessory, but do not plan to hook up a PC to my Atgames Pinball machine. What are your recommendations for games purchases (that are worthwhile, not some 1980s junk) purchaseable through Atgames store? Kind of tough to figure out. Thanks.

Currently only the Zaccaria Tables and Taito tables are available for the ALP.

They are all made by Magic Pixel and these are MUCH nicer (graphics, sounds, shadows, lighting, haptics,etc) than the Gottlieb table conversions from Farsite.

As for which ones... well I can't really tell you that as thats down to personal choice... and there are like 150 tables!

The Vol 5 tables are Deluxe table and are kind of like Zen style (animated characters,etc) of classic Zaccaria tables... but they are new completely tables.

Thanks, I mean vertical games to utilize the arcade control panel accessory. I'm not seeing a way on arcadenet to properly filter any games that would work best on the pinball machine vertical layout. Looking to purchase some games to utilize this thing.

Thanks, I mean vertical games to utilize the arcade control panel accessory. I'm not seeing a way on arcadenet to properly filter any games that would work best on the pinball machine vertical layout. Looking to purchase some games to utilize this thing.

Most people end up just installing MAME games on it directly, or installing CoinOpsX,etc.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: simon.bethke is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back