ATTEMPT nightmare on elmstreet update

Does using the wood2 sound help like I thought it might since it is a lower pitch?

Does using the wood2 sound help like I thought it might since it is a lower pitch?
i can hear the fp sounds, its the ssf i cant hear unless i have sound bar cranked or headset on. im doing a variable setting to adjust all the tables music and sounds
or, if i change the max setting for fp ballroll will that effect everything? hmm,

I don't use SSF so I don't know anything about it.

Hi,

Changing Diverter setting in XML don't affect the FizX rubber "Diverter" model.

The reason why i use "Diverter" for FizX rubber model, is because "Diverter" is the only 3D object which work with Xbam.Findobject and his own "Editor name" only, without using X and Y, automaticly with helper function v2, and have the possibily to apply custom physics.
Flipper Category should work too, but i prefer to keep it only for flipper model
For the fizx code

RubberPostType(7) = 1 '3 ' Top Post Right Slinghsot
RubberPostType(8) = 1 ' Mid Post Right Slingshot
RubberPostType(9) = 1 '2 ' Lower Post Right Slingshot "Post pass"
RubberBandType(10) = 1 ' Right Band Right Slingshot
RubberBandType(11) = 1 ' Lower Band Right Slingshot
' misc left and right posts by night mare targets
RubberPostType(12) = 1 ' RubberBL top post
RubberPostType(13) = 2 ' Rubber BL Btm post
RubberBandType(16) = 6 ' -RubberBL band
RubberPostType(14) = 1 ' RubberBR top post
RubberPostType(15) = 2 ' RubberBR btm post
RubberBandType(17) = 6 ' -RubberBR band

RubberPostType(18) = 1 ' Post rt
RubberPostType(19) = 1 ' Post rt
RubberPostType(20) = 1 ' Post rt
RubberPostType(21) = 1 ' Post rt
RubberPostType(22) = 1 ' Post rt
RubberPostType(23) = 1 ' Post rt

are the numbers =1 , =2,=3 the type of rubber it is?
im thinking this is true.

so rubberPOSTtype and rubberBANDtype
you name in FP editor and droptargets dt1,dt2,dt3
Are the drop targets aytomat6ically identified by the editor name ex dt1 dt2 dt3
and you cannot set them a strength, I know they arent rubber but woldnt they still need referanced?

so create a invisible wall and name dt28,dt29,dt30 etc

DT(28) = 1 ' dt lt
DT(29) = 1 ' dt r1
DT(30) = 1 ' dt r2
DT(31) = 1 ' dt r2
or

Rubberposttype( 28)= 1 'dt lt
Rubberposttype( 29)= 1 'dt r1
Rubberposttype( 30)= 1 'dt r2
Rubberposttype( 31)= 1 'dt r2

or from your code do we do this ?

DTWall(28) = 1 ' dt lt
DTWall(29) = 1 ' dt r1
DTWall(30) = 1 ' dt r2
DTWall(31) = 1 ' dt r2

I think maybe I make this to hard, overthinking maybe?

Attachments

• fizx droptarget question pinballnirvana.jpg
    fizx droptarget question pinballnirvana.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 0
I don't use SSF so I don't know anything about it.
so how are you handling drop targets
does the code already know dt1 dt2 dt3 and always has same material?
see my post.
almost done with it v1 anyway, jut touching up, there are a couple ligthing seq that g up and i need to play test all the game modes and multiball and make sure I didnt f... things up.

the sff is just bundled pack where you dont need to set a sound to anything, as long as your editor and script names match it picks up the sounds, the sounds have a louder hit (if your not half deaf, lol) for the ball speed , but the point is, its all done, so as long as there is a constant scripting done on tables the only thing that would need modified is there fizx code and that 1 update would work on every table.
so I can see where its pretty fricken cool. The only tweaking needed would be the volme level of voices and sounds from fp..
thats where my problem lies, the fp sounds overpower sff, so I need to go lower every voice , I may make an adjustable variable for that on the table, that way it wont matter what fp levels are
just needs to be able to go louder with ssf or go totally pup with all the sounds.
maybe a pup addon to use the sounds and music from a library , separate them from the table all together. I may just search for music and sound and adj each one.

are the numbers =1 , =2,=3 the type of rubber it is?
im thinking this is true.
Yes, it's the type of rubber from the 6 possible setting you can set.

you name in FP editor and droptargets dt1,dt2,dt3
Are the drop targets aytomat6ically identified by the editor name ex dt1 dt2 dt3
and you cannot set them a strength, I know they arent rubber but woldnt they still need referanced?

so create a invisible wall and name dt28,dt29,dt30 etc
For Target and drop target you need to put invisible wall name dt1, dt2, etc etc to have FizX feature on them. Native FP droptarget and target aren't detected by BAM FizX

I presume you are asking about the audio for the drop targets and not how to set drop targets up initially.

I developed Avatar before Terry released the AIO. I used AnonTet's posting linked below with some of my own changes:

This is the code I used for the drop target audio:

Const MaxSoundLevel = 0.8
DropTargetSoundFactor = 1.0

'-Target drop - drop target drops into table (drop target hit)
Sub SoundDropTargetDown()
PlaySound ("Drop_Target_Down_" & Int(Rnd*6)+1), (MaxSoundLevel * DropTargetSoundFactor)
adddebugtext "Drop Target Hit"
End Sub

'- targets all up
Sub SoundDropTargetReset()
PlaySound "droptarget_up", (MaxSoundLevel * (DropTargetSoundFactor)
adddebugtext "Drop Target Reset"
End Sub

Then I replaced the original drop target sounds in the script with calls to run "SoundDropTargetDown()" and "SoundDropTargetReset()".

Last edited:
Yes, it's the type of rubber from the 6 possible setting you can set.

For Target and drop target you need to put invisible wall name dt1, dt2, etc etc to have FizX feature on them. Native FP droptarget and target aren't detected by BAM Fiahhh
ahhhh ,thats why there is no need to reference.

code is declaring several constants and variables, and using the "GetObjectsInfoRange" function to retrieve information about objects in the Future Pinball game.

const IsRbPost = 1001
const IsRbBand = 1002
const IsDTWall = 1003
const IsMtl = 1004
const IsWd = 1005
const IsPlastic = 1006
const IsApron = 1007

The constants "IsRbPost", "IsRbBand", "IsDTWall", "IsMtl", "IsWd", "IsPlastic", and "IsApron" are defined with values of stores at 1001 through 1007

So there can be 100 rubber items, 100 rubber bands 100 drop targets 50 metal types 50 plas 50 wood and 10 apron types. ??

Dim RbPost : RbPost = GetObjectsInfoRange("RubberPost", 1, 100, IsRbPost): Dim RubberPostType(100)
Dim RbBand : RbBand = GetObjectsInfoRange("RubberBand", 1, 100, IsRbBand): Dim RubberBandType(100)
Dim DTWall : DTWall = GetObjectsInfoRange("DT", 1, 100, IsDTWall)
Dim Mtl : Mtl = GetObjectsInfoRange("Metal", 1, 50, IsMtl)
Dim Plstc : Plstc = GetObjectsInfoRange("Plastic", 1, 50, IsPlastic)
Dim Wd : Wd = GetObjectsInfoRange("Wood", 1, 50, IsWd)
Dim Apn : Apn = GetObjectsInfoRange("Apron", 1, 10, IsApron)
Dim MaterialTouch
Then using the "Dim" to allocate memory space for variables. The variables "RbPost", "RbBand", "DTWall", "Mtl", "Plstc", "Wd", and "Apn" are all assigned values returned by "GetObjectsInfoRange" function retrieves information about objects in the game based on their type and name ??

Lastly, the variable "MaterialTouch" is declared without being assigned a value, so it can store information about objects that come into contact with materials in the game ??

Is that what this is doing? I think I git it a little better, thanks.

so fizx is a bam scripting addon... basically a invisible mask over the base engine controlling the physics aspect as well as lighting.
without bam fp would have died... so to speak.
I presume you are asking about the audio for the drop targets and not how to set drop targets up initially.

I developed Avatar before Terry released the AIO. I used AnonTet's posting linked below with some of my own changes:

This is the code I used for the drop target audio:

Const MaxSoundLevel = 0.8
DropTargetSoundFactor = 1.0

'-Target drop - drop target drops into table (drop target hit)
Sub SoundDropTargetDown()
PlaySound ("Drop_Target_Down_" & Int(Rnd*6)+1), (MaxSoundLevel * DropTargetSoundFactor)
adddebugtext "Drop Target Hit"
End Sub

'- targets all up
Sub SoundDropTargetReset()
PlaySound "droptarget_up", (MaxSoundLevel * (DropTargetSoundFactor)
adddebugtext "Drop Target Reset"
End Sub

Then I replaced the original drop target sounds in the script with calls to run "SoundDropTargetDown()" and "SoundDropTargetReset()".
I hadnt used fizx light, although Im thinking it may be easier than full fizx 2, you stick with fp sound system instead of pup, and stuck with smoked ball rolling code, or no.
maybe ill go dizx lite with my next mod, if I do one.
I noticed a lot of higher end tables already use (some of the same) sounds as are in fizx. and accept for the physics they are already pretty complete. it would be just adding the invisibles for bounce- off control etc.

I cant even go back to not having fizx , almost unplayable

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: bud_666nir has left the room.
      Back