VP8 Flipperless Recreation Babe Ruth Baseball released

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
Arcade Marble Baseball probably was a very big seller, since the player shown on the playfield is Babe Ruth, watching the ball had had just clobbered flying over the fence for a Home Run. Something most people forget is that Babe was a top notch pitcher, but his "home run swing" was much more valuable to every team he played for, since Ruth played in what was called the Dead Ball Era.

Arcade, or Babe Ruth Baseball, is a well designed bagatelle, with six Out cups scattered around the playfield, and only 5 larger scoring cups, where the bases and the pitching mound are located. There is a row of point cups across the bottom of the game. As with my Gumball Baseball, this game allows you to keep playing, and nudging, untill there are three outs. Game stats and well as Pingame scoring are tracked, so that you can compete against yourself or friends.

The ball is bouncy, by my design. Babe Ruth BB will reward well timed nudging, and can be a very short game if you nudge at the wrong time, or simply sit and watch the game. In memory of Babe Ruth, I’ve added a Grand Slam cup, which is actually the pitcher’s mound.

Game scoring

Six Out cups = 0 points plus 1 out
Single = 100 points
Double = 300
Triple = 500
Home Plate = 2500 points
Pitchers Mound = 5000 points
Bottom cups = varied points plus 1 strike

You can get your authographed copy of Babe Ruth Baseball here, where it's the 5th table listed: http://www.pinballnirvana.com/index.php?name=UpDownload&req=viewsdownload&sid=10

792.jpg

Attachments

• Arcade - Marble & Baseball Game (xxxx)(192x).zip
    996.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
10,945 points. Probably not a great first game though I did get two Grand Slams. Nice.

That not that bad of a first game, except if you take away the Grand Slams and that's a fairly low scring game. I'm waiting for someone to fuss about losing a Home Run because the ball can pass between two of the nails. What I feel best about is that I solved every programming problem I ran up against, instead of asking someone to help me out. I'm not very patient, and debugging code is almost painful for me. But I also like mysteries, so I took that approach and figured things out on my own. I had a few test games where I got outs on the first 3 balls.

I don't know why and it don't make sense, but it looks like the homer my be designed to be lost. The gap between nails are bigger there. and symetry is off. maybe simulating a great fielder, they have stold a few homers. I don't know, fix it, or embrase it. There really is no frame of reference is there? as to the scale, maybe the balls are just a bit too small.

There is one nail graphic, isn't it? on the left below home and above the rack. Looks to me like one might be missing from the right too. These would be hit by balls that excape the homer, and looks like just maybe would give you a chance to bump the ball in through the same gap. This is all a reach

The crackerjack things like this is about the only real things I have played. Old ones now, do you score as the ball lands, or as the balls are sitting when you are out of balls and the game is over. I ask that because in alot of these games it looks like the ball could almost as easily be nudged out of a cup, or pocket.

This would be one of those that would be just under 20 inches tall right?

Shockman said:
I don't know why and it don't make sense, but it looks like the homer my be designed to be lost. The gap between nails are bigger there. and symetry is off. maybe simulating a great fielder, they have stold a few homers. I don't know, fix it, or embrase it. There really is no frame of reference is there? as to the scale, maybe the balls are just a bit too small.

There is one nail graphic, isn't it? on the left below home and above the rack. Looks to me like one might be missing from the right too. These would be hit by balls that excape the homer, and looks like just maybe would give you a chance to bump the ball in through the same gap. This is all a reach

The crackerjack things like this is about the only real things I have played. Old ones now, do you score as the ball lands, or as the balls are sitting when you are out of balls and the game is over. I ask that because in alot of these games it looks like the ball could almost as easily be nudged out of a cup, or pocket.

This would be one of those that would be just under 20 inches tall right?

Huh, what you think is a nail graphic below the Home Run cup just might be, I took it to be dirt or a smudge for age and wear and tear. I'm the real bagatelle, the marbles would have stayed in the cups and would have been totaled at the end of the game, and yes, balls could have bounced or been knocked out of a cup. That can happen in this version, and can be frustrating. I figured this one was probably closer to the size of a Poos M Up game, maybe 30" by18" or so.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back