Ball Guide never generates reflection?

madmrmax

Weeeeeee
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Indiana Jones (Williams)
Ok - I've just ran into a weird case and I'm trying to understand what happened to this ball guide -- it never renders any reflection. Even copying the ball guide into a new table it won't render a reflection.

I've even removed all but two control points and still no reflection.

Anyone encounter something like this before? Apart from redrawing the whole ball guide (it's more complicated in the table) is there something I'm missing? It's got to be an easy thing.

-mark

Attachments

• BallGuideHasNoReflection.fpt
    224 KB · Views: 2
When I played the table, the wall looked normal to me. Maybe you could post a screen shot of how you want the wall to look.

If you increase Shininess, the wall will be more reflective. ...Or increasing Specular lighting makes the reflected light brighter. These are things I discussed in my guide that you liked so I am guessing you are wanting something else.

I created another wall from scratch and used the same attribute as the original (since the original doesn't render any reflection on the playfield). Hope the image helps!

Attachments

• BallGuideHasNoReflection.fpt
    224.5 KB · Views: 3
I experimented with your table. It appears that the option for "Reflects off Playfield" stopped working on the bottom wall. It copies and pastes with the same problem. The option works on the top wall. You can turn it on and off with no problem.

It looks like some sort of corruption of the wall occurred. I would say you have no choice but to create a new wall.

I have created identical copies of walls. You just add the same number of shape points to a new wall as the original on a different layer. Open both layers. Then, copy the x and y values from the original shape points to the copy. Close the layer with the new wall and delete the old wall.

That is the best advice I can offer.

Last edited:
I experimented with your table. It appears that the option for "Reflects off Playfield" stopped working on the bottom wall. It copies and pastes with the same problem. The option works on the top wall. You can turn it on and off with no problem.

It looks like some sort of corruption of the wall occurred. I would say you have no choice but to create a new wall.

I have created identical copies of walls. You just add the same number of shape points to a new wall as the original on a different layer. Open both layers. Then, copy the x and y values from the original shape points to the copy. Close the layer with the new wall and delete the old wall.

That is the best advice I can offer.
Thanks for taking a look and verifying what I was seeing! No idea what happened with the ball guide.

thanks again!
-mark

Thanks for taking a look and verifying what I was seeing! No idea what happened with the ball guide.

thanks again!
-mark

Glad to help. I once had a playfield light insert that was dimmer than other identical lights which had different lenses. I compared the settings of the light with the other lights at least 3 times. There was no difference. I fixed it by replacing the bad light with a copy of one of the good lights. To my surprise, that fixed it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    Drogo has left the room.
    SmashXD has left the room.
    mrdarc has left the room.
    butterface5000 has left the room.
    Pinheads has left the room.
    helptv has left the room.
    joeboxer has left the room.
    Auleric has left the room.
    vizzone has left the room.
    Develop has left the room.
    Krusty104 has left the room.
    grh450 has left the room.
    redharry has left the room.
    kono87 has left the room.
    Blonderkarli has left the room.
    Seven Tigerz has left the room.
    onedevotee75 has left the room.
    rgmohr has left the room.
    teelegend has left the room.
    artmetz has left the room.
    chaoswar has left the room.
    jerseydude has left the room.
    Necat has left the room.
    SpaceFace70 has left the room.
    hannon904 has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hannon904 has left the room.
      Back