Balls a Poppin' (Bally, 1956) VP8

VP8 Bally EM Recreation Balls-a-Poppin' 2.0 v2.01

No permission to download
Electro-Mechanical Machines

jpsalas

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
I have just uploaded here Balls a Poppin' version 2.0.

This is a remake of the old Duglis table. He asked me if I could add some graphics to the table and here it is the result. I rebuilt the table from scratch and I kept the sounds and the main script from the old table. Duglis did the final testing and adjusting.

The table is made to use the VP settings of VP8, but it works just as fine using the UC settings if you prefer that.

Enjoy, and Duglis and I have plans to release a few more of these old gems :)

JP

Attachments

• BALLS_A_POPPIN-Bally 1956.jpg
    BALLS_A_POPPIN-Bally 1956.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 390
Fun game, seems a bit harder than the previous version. It looks and feels great and although an old concept this hasn't aged one bit. Thanks JP + Duglis. Looking forward to more oldies.

Thanks very much (jpsalas and Duglis) for Ball-A-Poppin and Fun Park!

These fine EM's are excellent and have been overhauled, I appreciate any work that goes into the upgrades of my favorite era of Pinball!!!
:special:

First of all, thank you for this neat, nostalgic table.

Sorry if this is a newbie question. Any idea why my controls that I set up within Visual Pinball don't all work the same? For example, even though my coin and start buttons are mapped to different keys, those mapped keys do not work on this table.

I have updated the table.

New in version 2.01:

- Automatically release balls
- Change blue bumper score from 10 to 1

The table checks for the keys "5" and "1" (keycodes 6 and 2) to add a coin and to start the game. You'll need to change the script to change those keys.

JP

Replace KeyCode = 6 with Keycode = AddCreditKey
and KeyCode = 2 with KeyCode = StartGameKey
in the script editor.

Any reason why you've "hardcoded" this table to use these keys JP?

Replace KeyCode = 6 with Keycode = AddCreditKey
and KeyCode = 2 with KeyCode = StartGameKey
in the script editor.

Any reason why you've "hardcoded" this table to use these keys JP?

And I bet this works with a lot of hardcoded games. THANK YOU! Now I can update those few games that I haven't been able to figure out.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: blackspatular is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back