Bally Skykings, 1973 for VP9

druadic

20+ YEARS as a VP author. How time flies...
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Anything before 1939 (pre war), Firepower II, Agents 777
It's coming...still a lot to do with this one as well as all my other VP WIP. Just a quick screen shot. Enjoy.

All that's left is cleaning up the main PF image. Everything else is pretty much done except for posts and rubbers.

d

Image is 800x600. The game itself is 1024x768.

Attachments

• SkykingsPIC2.jpg
    SkykingsPIC2.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 299
2nd update pic.

d

Attachments

• SkykingsPIC2.jpg
    SkykingsPIC2.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 291
It's really a big improvement over the existing version Will. It's probably just the SS or my old eyes, but it looks as if the left flipper is slightly higher than the right one.

i think that's an optical illusion as the apron is not exactly in the middle, making the flippers look off. the ball drain apron cutout sits just a bit to the left so i think imo that this makes the left flipper look higher. course that's just MY eyes talking here...

It's really a big improvement over the existing version Will. It's probably just the SS or my old eyes, but it looks as if the left flipper is slightly higher than the right one.

John;

It's not. They're the same height. I rechecked this. As for the apron I still need to play with it a bit. I'll get it. Right now I'm doing those bloody rubbers around the PF. I think this version makes the VP6 version look like doggie doo doo! :)

Once I get this one done, we can DELETE that terrible VP6 version. PLEASE.

Wait till you see the new pic I have ready. WOW what a difference!

d

FYI Faralos;

The apron is in the correct position.

d

John;

The left flipper WAS higher! Good eye there! It's been fixed.

Latest PIC. Enjoy.

d

Attachments

• SkykingsPIC3.jpg
    SkykingsPIC3.jpg
    664.9 KB · Views: 286
It has the same apron as my Knockout table. I just made it in VP earlier this year. I don't know if you've looked at it, but you might be able to use something from it.

The widescreen version pic is below, but there is also a 4:3 table version. You can get it at VPF.

Attachments

• KOws.jpg
    KOws.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 354
Thanks Bob! Already got the apron from Grizz at VPF. Grizz has been doing some work for me so I put his name on the apron for Skykings. That man is truly amazing. Amazing.

Right now he's looking at Skykings backglass. I'm sure he can make it look much better. He's also interested in the PF and it would be better to have him look at it even though I redrew the entire thing. Clarity is nice for these machines.

Thanks for introducing me to Grizz; he's a miracle worker!

Too bad I can't get any post images. I'd rather have images to paste to the sides of walls then having to draw them layer by layer.

For two days I've been messing with the scripting. What a mess it was from VP6! After I've figured it all out it plays flawlessly. I'm really satisfied with it.

Figured out how to make those metal rail guides. Whoever figured that out was VERY clever!

d

Updated pic. Enjoy! This has been posted over at VPF as well.

Attachments

• SkykingsPIC3.jpg
    SkykingsPIC3.jpg
    661.7 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Rubbers and posts are now in place. PIC #4.

d

Attachments

• SkykingsPIC4.jpg
    SkykingsPIC4.jpg
    663.3 KB · Views: 290
That's looking pretty nice. I think I was about three years old when this one was first made.

Don't know if you'd find this useful but I found a playfield chart for Sky Kings that has information on parts, rubbers, and switches (IPDB may already have this or something like it, don't know for sure).

Attachments

• sky-kings-ring-chart.gif
    sky-kings-ring-chart.gif
    120.7 KB · Views: 300
Thanks Neo! Trying to do my best. Just have a few more PF goodies to add like the metal guards below the flippers and the mushroom bumpers have to be fixed to look right yet. I'm just doing bits and pieces I can see and add from an actual image of the playfield. :) Would also like to add a lock down bar to the front too.

New pic; #5. Spinner cover has been added. Metal posts for the plastics have been added near the ball alleys.

d

PS: Thanks for the chart! May add it to the RAR file when the game is done. Appreciated!

Attachments

• SkykingsPIC5.jpg
    SkykingsPIC5.jpg
    640 KB · Views: 283
Very nice work. Can't wait till I get to test the final version.

Very nice work. Can't wait till I get to test the final version.

Your wish is my command. Get ready Saturday. It's almost finished. All that is left is the replays and the backdrop. The rest is finished. Tilt and Match has been added. Everything works. This version is MUCH tougher than the VP9 version so get ready John. Everything has changed on the backdrop. EVERYTHING. More has been added to the PF but I'll wait till you get to play with this one.

d

Your wish is my command. Get ready Saturday. It's almost finished. All that is left is the replays and the backdrop. The rest is finished. Tilt and Match has been added. Everything works. This version is MUCH tougher than the VP9 version so get ready John. Everything has changed on the backdrop. EVERYTHING. More has been added to the PF but I'll wait till you get to play with this one.

d

Looking forward to testing it Will, although it sounds as if I won't score as well on this version as I do on the VP6 edition.

Looking forward to testing it Will, although it sounds as if I won't score as well on this version as I do on the VP6 edition.

You won't. Even I cannot get wicked high scores with this one! The rules are complex enough and those shots are hard to hit in certain areas. Like I've said before; this game is wicked fast and that ball bounces a lot better than the VP6 version. Trust me, this one will tax you till the bitter end. I look forward to it's release.

d

John;

Check your email for the playtest. Two days early :) Isn't Saturday yet.

You'll notice a LOT has changed on the playfield. Play the crap out of it and let me know what you think.

Will

I just found a few errors in the last playtest John. Going to send you a new ZIP. Everything works now. All that's left is the backdrop. Thanks Clyde! Hope you'll enjoy it :)

In the zip, you'll find the basic rulesheet and a new extended rulesheet I typed up. This will help you to understand the game in it's entirety. I think it explains just about everything John.

d

Final PIC. Like I said, the only thing left is the backdrop.

The mushroom bumpers are now proper and look correct. Everything is now in place! Metal ball guides below flippers are in place. The little black box on the right is the tilt mechanism, for you to keep track of. This will be fixed tonight or tomorrow. Also changed the top bump "wheel" to look correct. Like I said, a lot has changed.

I'll also fix the "edge" of the machine to blend properly.

d

Attachments

• SkykingsPIC6.jpg
    SkykingsPIC6.jpg
    709.9 KB · Views: 287
I'll start testing it later tonight Will.

John;

Check your email. The final and finished version is in your inbox!

Take your time with this playtest; it can be released tomorrow, Sunday January 30th. ;)

Take note of the new lock down bar and the moving plunger.

Will

Thanks, I'll give it a good workout buddy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Killabot has left the room.
      Back