Pinball Hall of Famer
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
elm street
Addex a quick Fizx to robocop (2.5) from rom,
for personal use unless he lets me upload it,

checked code etc,
receiving a xbam.table object required error.

any ideas? bam log and also debug outpuit shows nothing.

The "Robocop Physics 2.5" version doesn't have any xBam coding so it must have been something you added.

The "Robocop Physics 2.5" version doesn't have any xBam coding so it must have been something you added.
all i added was fizX

You do have xbam.createallext at the top of the script right? sometimes is the little things that get you.

Be aware, that the error can be on that line but is actually not the problem. It's just how it is and it is a pain. Only way to debug that is by comment the lines or sections of code until you get to the bottom of the problem. Which is why we need to ensure table is working properly BEFORE adding BAM stuff.

Check all the objects names and typos. It is very common trying to read/set properties on an object that is not there because one space/letter/number or having too long names too.

I hope you can get permission. In any case, some authors may be hard or near impossible to find now so... publish it if you don't get an answer after a while (about a month wait is fine? I don't know)

Addex a quick Fizx to robocop (2.5) from rom,
for personal use unless he lets me upload it,

checked code etc,
receiving a xbam.table object required error.

any ideas? bam log and also debug outpuit shows nothing.

Just a heads up... I already have Robocop (U-Pro) updated with FizX and PinEvent, and my typical other updates (as well as some other tables already updated and in progress)... that will be released soon enough. Read the PM I sent you for more info.

As for the error.... if you get that, try to rename the Table name in the editor to something else. I had the same thing when updating this table as well.

The name ROBOCOP is probably used elsewhere in the table and is messing up the xbam.table command used in the update code. After I renamed the table name (in the FP Editor) to something else, it worked fine after that. Something to keep note of for everyone in the future when updating.

As for ROM, he has been out of the hobby (and the sites) for YEARS now. The last time he responded was when he saw my mod of his MOTU table on my YT channel, and he said he loved seeing new stuff like that added to this tables (and he was amazed people still play them). He never voiced any issues with mods of his tables before.

Myself, I'll be releasing ROBOCOP (UPro, PinEvent Lite, FizX) soon enough. This is a complete table overhaul like my other updates usually are. More are coming!

Last edited:
Replaced FizX with FizX Lite and no error.
If I had more time to investigate I would. This ones for the experts.
Annontet Slamt1lt released a pro version version didnt he ? Ill update that one.
Just a heads up... I already have Robocop (U-Pro) updated with FizX and PinEvent, and my typical other updates (as well as some other tables already updated and in progress)... that will be released soon enough. Read the PM I sent you for more info.

As for the error.... if you get that, try to rename the Table name in the editor to something else. I had the same thing when updating this table as well.

The name ROBOCOP is probably used elsewhere in the table and is messing up the xbam.table command used in the update code. After I renamed the table name (in the FP Editor) to something else, it worked fine after that. Something to keep note of for everyone in the future when updating.

As for ROM, he has been out of the hobby (and the sites) for YEARS now. The last time he responded was when he saw my mod of his MOTU table on my YT channel, and he said he loved seeing new stuff like that added to this tables (and he was amazed people still play them). He never voiced any issues with mods of his tables before.

Myself, I'll be releasing ROBOCOP (UPro, PinEvent Lite, FizX) soon enough. This is a complete table overhaul like my other updates usually are. More are coming!
Exactly what it was....
Just finished back to the future..
In 1 night...
Noticed I got same table error later after it was all working.
Turned out when naming one of the 40 diverted I kist have renamed the playfield.

Thought you were finishing silent hill...

Attachments

• Robocop ULTIMATE Pro 1.03.fpt
    106.1 MB · Views: 1
I'm still working on Silent Hill. JLou's had me testing new FizX updates... so as a part of that, I decided to do "quick" updates for some tables for PinEvent Lite, and the new Fizx, as well as other stuff. These are BIG updates, but not Star Wars DSA GE / Sonic level.. so I'm doing them now on occasion so they will be easy to finish for PinEvent V2 later on after Silent Hill is done. I don't want to hold them up while waiting for my complete DOF and pup-pack updates for them... so that's why i'm doing a bunch of them (as PinEvent Lite) as they are quick to do, and I'll release them so everyone can enjoy them in the meantime while I work away on Silent Hill for many months.

Months. Damnit...!!
Lol been wanting to check it it out, so little cool horror games, probably one reason I like elmstreet so much.

Havent messed with pinup much, been crash coursing vb.
Runner7 updated bladerunner but kida fucked up. Im doing a quick update so he can see where he went wrong and he can post it as his. Not a big deal, about an hour of my time.
He was using shap point surfaces on all the rubbers?? Not sure why but that's a bitch, shape every one.. lol.
Added some lighting bam code, and ray tracing and foxed the shop for the dmd.
It helps me learn.

Anyway thanks for the heads up on fizx3 I may just hold off on back to the future as well

Did you browse that folder link indent you? I'm certain there are things you can use. Also I have a dump for a ton of phohop items.
I have a cloid login for the state, but I like the portable 2022 version with a lot of retail plugins, alien skin, keis, etc

Also if you need a hand I'd love to help out. Even beta fizx3, testing etc. I wont upload anything until om told to. I'd like to redo elmstreet and give it justice.
I hate the playfield, there is to much shit all over you cant tell what to hit, I know most the rules from pulling my hair out with a first time update and playing it a trillion times. Can't even look at it right now to be honest. Freddy's laugh makes cringe, like that frickin Vulcan scoop thing. I got it all working, but I cant hear the cryptkeeps laugh another tome or I'm going to snap
So I'll do a fizx3 on it also.

Like your tables, they are clean and clutter free. Awesome work man.. I'm floored with some of the things you do.
Cant wait to play the updated startrek,
Maybe I'll do twilight zone also.... hmmmmm

You do have xbam.createallext at the top of the script right? sometimes is the little things that get you.

Be aware, that the error can be on that line but is actually not the problem. It's just how it is and it is a pain. Only way to debug that is by comment the lines or sections of code until you get to the bottom of the problem. Which is why we need to ensure table is working properly BEFORE adding BAM stuff.

Check all the objects names and typos. It is very common trying to read/set properties on an object that is not there because one space/letter/number or having too long names too.

I hope you can get permission. In any case, some authors may be hard or near impossible to find now so... publish it if you don't get an answer after a while (about a month wait is fine? I don't know)
Yeah. Or twice.. i did it on another table that was working fine.
I was bulk naming posts and must have named the table as a post.. lol.
Rushing f^*$% you in the end.. lol

Yeah. Or twice.. i did it on another table that was working fine.
I was bulk naming posts and must have named the table as a post.. lol.
Rushing f^*$% you in the end.. lol

I literally did the same thing on a previous table. Took me a while to figure out the problem, and was why I figured it out for this table much quicker.

I literally did the same thing on a previous table. Took me a while to figure out the problem, and was why I figured it out for this table much quicker.
pain in the ass. something that simple. DONT NAME YOUR TABLE RUBBER POST... hahahahahaha
geez... shake my head.. Ill go stand in the corner again..

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back