Bank-A-Ball (J.F. Linck Corp., 1932)

VPX Flipperless Recreation Bank-A-Ball (J.F. Linck Corp., 1932) v1.1a

No permission to download

druadic

20+ YEARS as a VP author. How time flies...
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Anything before 1939 (pre war), Firepower II, Agents 777

Attachments

• BankABallSCREENSHOT.jpg
    BankABallSCREENSHOT.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 174
I was curious about whether that was actually a rubber strip on the bank, and tried looking up the game. Dang, it's not easy! Looks like a game by this name was also released by "United Profit Sales," "General Novelty" and "United Manufacturing" in 1933, but I can't find source pictures for any of them.

How did you even find this one?

If it turns out that really is a piece of rubber, I'm thinking that's got to be one of the earliest uses of such in a pin. All other parts were typically made of wood or metal AFAIK.

I found the image via a pinball collector's website. I found the image but the site refused to let me take the image so I took a snapshot and straightened it with GIMP 2.10. I then redrew the entire playfield, taking care to keep most of what was on the playfield (also using GIMP).

I did my best to recreate the table down to the last brass pin as you can see there are around 99 pins and 99 heads I had to place across the playfield. Yes, it DOES have a rubber strip off the lower left banker.

Yes, it is VERY RARE and I was enthralled and excited by the find so I had to make it. I even have the original images all the way from the first pic through all the draws by hand. If you had seen the original machine in the photo you would have cried as it looked really damaged :( Now after all these years another pin machine can find it's way into the future. I LOVE preserving these oldies for others to enjoy even if it's just redrawing the photos to look like the real thing as if they were new from the factory floor.

Hope you like it. Enjoy!

PS: I have more tables coming that you've probably not seen either :)

Last edited:
Awesome, and good work! Btw, if you happen to remember the site where you first found the pic, I wouldn't mind trying to extract the image, just for the record.

I could just PM it back to you, if you'd prefer.

I'll be more than happy to send you the desktop image of the actual table. Not a problem.

Give me a day or so and you'll have it.

Now that we've figured the source pic out, I wonder if this one is worth posting over at KLOV? Point is-- I'm still kinda curious as to whether this particular gem you found is actually the -very first- instance of rubber components in a pin.

I don't think I ever set up an acct over there. Do you remember if you did? (meh, I have sort of a phobia about signing up for things)

I never created an account there. I have other tables that IPD doesn't have as well and those are being made for VPX soon.

Glad you found the image as mine was exactly the same.

UPDATE TO V. 1.1 for VPX:

- Fixed the plunger for much more perfect shots.
- Fixed when a ball goes to the plunger and keeps the other balls back when following it.
- Various graphical tweaks.
- Fixed the outer machine wood. Looks NICE now.
- Fixed the top gate to work more properly.

Enjoy the update.

Attachments

• BankABallV1.1VPXSCREENIE.jpg
    BankABallV1.1VPXSCREENIE.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 58
Sorry, been under the weather. Just got on and it's 1:24 AM. I've needed so much sleep I am amazed I am up at this hour.

Thanks World of VPX and Popotte! Enjoy. More is coming, just albeit very slowly.

Video for bank a ball :
You do know you can use the left and right shift keys to move the top right wood to different angles right? Just FYI!

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back