batman 66 original (wip in abandonment)

@ Wild
I don't know if this is helpful but you can rip the frames from a gif
using this:

Here is the pow animation with 20 frames that you can import the old FP way....as individual images

Attachments

• pow.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
Ok....I created the first "VC" about the phone call, I used your own demo ..... I entered my usual version, you could replicate it in "gif",please?
View attachment first-clip.mp4

now, inside of the zip... you will see a "gif" with the name "call", I did it using this site ....IMG2GO I inserted my video and transformed it into a "gif" but I noticed that it is not fluid .... it seems slowed down ... is this the frame rate?

PS: the video you all see it?

Attachments

• phone-gif.zip
    36.9 MB · Views: 74
@Gimli
@Ike Savage

note:
video above,is fp system MyVideo.Frame 1, 237
video below,is "gif"

ok, I also did a test with "gif" the same video, used it both to create the frames .... and to create the "gif" with that(above) site this is the result...but I think when that site does the transformation, it makes it slower (are the above frame rates talking about?) Than the video I insert ... I don't know why it does this

maybe (Bob) gimli can do better than me.....:lol:

it must be said that with the "gif" system, the work to create a video clip is half

EDIT:

I found this free program "video to gif" ,here it looks good, you can also enter resolution,so (power2) and decide how many frames to do for second ... too bad, the maximum is 20,and also decide the fps ..... are the frame rates?

Last edited:
@Gimli
@Ike Savage

note:
video below,is "gif"

ok, I also did a test with "gif" the same video, used it both to create the frames .... and to create the "gif" with that(above) site this is the result...but I think when that site does the transformation, it makes it slower (are the above frame rates talking about?) Than the video I insert ... I don't know why it does this

it must be said that with the "gif" system, the work to create a video clip is half

EDIT:

I found this free program "video to gif" ,here it looks good, you can also enter resolution,so (power2) and decide how many frames to do for second ... too bad, the maximum is 20,and also decide the fps ..... are the frame rates?
You can change resolution on the site I gave you "pcx"
And I think you just use update interval in code to change fps (frames per second)

Movie.UpdateInterval = 60

And I think you just use update interval in code to change fps (frames per second)

Movie.UpdateInterval = 60
if you see the demo, I have already done this .... in fact it is synchronized with the sound, but it doesn't have the same fluidity ....

I found a couple of sites, to convert the video to gif .... but I get the same result it is slower than the video itself, and this is the reason that I see the gif slower than the video in frame

I don't understand why converting to gif slows down the frames...orthe fps

Edit:
here is the source video, try it yourself

Last edited:
@Gimli
@Ike Savage

note:
video below,is "gif"

EDIT:

Both videos look good and sound good
I think gifs are more compact and skip frames so they won't be as smooth.
Your video has 237 frames...

Gifs are easier to create and code. No need for library file management
You can also play a gif on any table surface or object that has a texture so that is cool

However there is delay in loading them and in VR I notice a delay in playing them and you are right that they don't have as many frames so it does not look as fluid

Both videos look good and sound good
Your video has 237 frames...

Gifs are easier to create and code. No need for library file management
You can also play a gif on any table surface or object that has a texture so that is cool

However there is delay in loading them and in VR I notice a delay in playing them and you are right that they don't have as many frames so it does not look as fluid
I agree with what you say .... in gif .. is the best solution to not weigh down fp ...., and also how to work it is easier ..... both how to create the video and the script .. .i asked rav, if possible somehow regular... the fps in gif using an "xbam" code

maybe this way you can have more fluidity, what do you think?

just to understand, with what you think, the fps have to do with it?I mean, the compactness of the gif .... compromises the fps? and again that's what doesn't make them smooth ... the fps?

just to understand, with what you think, the fps have to do with it?I mean, the compactness of the gif .... compromises the fps? and again that's what doesn't make them smooth ... the fps?
I think when gifs are made not all of the frame are used. They skip or delete every other frame or whatever. And so it looks a little choppier

When SLAM makes his videos he deletes every other frame too....It is cheating and less smooth but it saves on the number of frames used

Last edited:
I think when gifs are made not all of the frame are used. They skip or delete every other frame or whatever. And so it looks a little choppier
so it is in the conversion to gif that frames are lost? the video is 237 frames ..... in gif, how much can it be, can you see it?

so it is in the conversion to gif that frames are lost? the video is 237 frames ..... in gif, how much can it be, can you see it?
Ya I am sure there is a way...but you can readily see with all the online gifs that they play choppy

ok...I also had confirmation from Rav .... the problem of the fluidity of the gif ... is always linked to how many frames it is composed of .... now Rav, told me that the gif of the phone is composed of 79 frames. .... that's why we don't see it as fluid as the video made in the fp system .... (video above), so the problem is the conversion from video to gif .... many frames are lost during the conversion

so i tried as i said above, three sites for conversion, all render the gif with many frames you lose

so the best solution for now in my opinion is to use this program here
which gives the possibility to decide how many frames to create per second, up to a maximum of 20 ... so if the phone video that lasts 7 seconds, is composed of 237 frames, for a total fluidity of execution .... with this program I can create 142, more than half, of the original video ... there is also to say that if I have a 3-second video, with this program I can have all the frames available for a fluid visualization( still,to be tested)

there is also to say that if you use a gif (converted from a video) with all the frames, it is easier to insert the sound, without going to waste a lot of time synchronizing them, which I think is a very demanding job

I also did the test with two sites, I too convert the gif to frame, it gives me 70 frames, maybe it's a limit that is imposed by those who use it for free ... or if you register (in one I registered, same result) I suspect that: to have a gif with all the original frames, you have to pay ....

so if someone (I don't know who) had or used some program that converts video to gif without loss of frames ... could you please share it, as I did, too bad that little program has a litmite of 20 frames per second

Last edited:
@Gimli
Bob, I'm sending you this demo, is there an overlay and hologram, could you put the gif in them? please

Last edited:
Gif swaps with textures
So has to be object with texture....walls bumpers, flippers, surfaces etc....
Holograms use image list I think
The gif will automatically go anywhere using the texture name you choose to swap...

Gif swaps with textures
Ahhhh,interesting, I cannot put a texture on hologram and overlay .... the surface or walls cannot be incline to adapt it to the display-monitor....so I have to create a model, on a model I can put a texture

Ahhhh,interesting, I cannot put a texture on hologram and overlay .... the surface or walls cannot be incline to adapt it to the display-monitor....so I have to create a model, on a model I can put a texture
Yes or you can change incline by grabbing surface with gif in a miniplayfield box...like I did with billiards

Yes or you can change incline by grabbing surface with gif in a miniplayfield box...like I did with billiards
yes, it could be a solution .... but a problem remains, in hud? I can't put a wall or a surface .... and if I remember correctly, MP, it doesn't work in hud, right?

yes, it could be a solution .... but a problem remains, in hud? I can't put a wall or a surface .... and if I remember correctly, MP, it doesn't work in hud, right?
I agree hud probably cant use gifs unless any of the hud objects have a texture option in fp table editor....I am away from computer today so I can't check

I agree hud probably cant use gifs unless any of the hud objects have a texture option in fp table editor....I am away from computer today so I can't check
I can confirm it to you, no textures can be inserted on the overlay and hologram .... an only overlay that can be put in hud ... this is a problem ... but not so much because in hud you could not put a display (a hud) for videos ....... just have it on the table

Hi.
Does anyone have this for VPX?, all links seem dead for it now.
Thanks.

ok.....first video-clip,in gif,thanks to Gimli.

View attachment 16581
That's really sweet, Paulo. Nice work!

I do fear that the GIFs are currently too small and hard to see on the little billboard. Although maybe if the table could automatically zoom in on the billboard while the GIF was playing, that could work?

Otherwise, it seems like that rectangular area in the middle of the PF with the "Batman 66" logo and lettering would be a better place for the GIFs to run. It's closer to the viewer, and much bigger than the little billboard. I'm thinking that when the GIF is done playing, the logo would be restored.

Or maybe a 3rd possibility-- can FP-BAM simply play the GIF right onscreen, super-imposed over the table? This could be a way to do something that you couldn't really do with ordinary pinball, although I guess Williams two "Pinball 2000" tables come close to that effect.

Thanks...Nik.
I do fear that the GIFs are currently too small and hard to see on the little billboard. Although maybe if the table could automatically zoom in on the billboard while the GIF was playing, that could work?
it could be done, through Bam ... "mini playfield", but I think it would take too much area of the table, with the risk that you would no longer see the ball in that area.
Otherwise, it seems like that rectangular area in the middle of the PF with the "Batman 66" logo and lettering would be a better place for the GIFs to run. It's closer to the viewer, and much bigger than the little billboard. I'm thinking that when the GIF is done playing, the logo would be restored.
this could be another solution, I will keep it in consideration...thanks.
Or maybe a 3rd possibility-- can FP-BAM simply play the GIF right onscreen, super-imposed over the table? This could be a way to do something that you couldn't really do with ordinary pinball, although I guess Williams two "Pinball 2000" tables come close to that effect.
do you mean on the backbox? I don't understand well, your phrase in "red",can you explain better, please.
the GIF right onscreen, super-imposed over the table?

what would this effect in Williams two "Pinball 2000"?

Hi. Is there a future pinball version ? Thank you

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: MMITG is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back