Battle for the Down (long WIP)

Anthias

Pinball Player
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Battle For The Down
Hi everybody.

WIth my health battles progressing better than expected, I'm feeling more able to think about projects - still not back to where I would like, but a long term project that keeps my interest is only going to be healthy.

And I tripped over this idea while tinkering with some online tools and I think I can make a good table from it.

A couple of pieces of the source art attached. Not even got a layout yet, but in time...

Battle for the Down postulates a scenario of a medieval fantasy setting where rabbits are at war.

Attachments

• Battle for the Down promo image 1.jpg
    Battle for the Down promo image 1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Battle for the Down promo image 2.jpg
    Battle for the Down promo image 2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 9
Is this like Watership Down?

Essentially, a play on that yes. But with swords,..

The Down was a mighty rabbit nation. They rose to wealth and prosperity by the grass, they held on to it by the sword.

Neighbouring warrens were envious, and the invasion was only a matter of time.

But when it came, the warrior rabbits of The Down were ready.

Last edited:
I've never seen a rabbit riding a double/triple jointed rabbit steed before, and me likey. :D

I'm getting some serious Mouse Guard vibes there.

FP or VPX?
whatever you do i always like to see drop targets for xtra ball, maybe the knocker for the free game, spinners, skill shots and maybe an upper flipper skill shot.

FP or VPX?
whatever you do i always like to see drop targets for xtra ball, maybe the knocker for the free game, spinners, skill shots and maybe an upper flipper skill shot.
FP for me most of the time these years. I'm too long away from it and too much else to wrap my brain around in my life to get into VPX right now.

Here's a taste of the art.

Attachments

• POSTER.jpg
    POSTER.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 8
Planet of Dee Wabbits :)

Glad to know you're getting better and also, that you do this in FP :wink: :wink:

Looks almost chaotic but cool. I don't recall seeing a table with so many bumpers.

A couple of changes to the layout and this one is fully playable. I'm enjoying it a lot to play.

At this point, it is at:
90% coded
75% graphics
100% music
50% SFX
20% DMD animations etc.

A couple of new modes still to be sorted, but mostly there.

I'll probably post an updated screenshot soon.

Once it's finished, the next table will be "Sand Reapers: Assassins of the Dessert" which I already have source art and a layout for. I'm enjoying this burst of creativity a lot. But it's not reliable, between working, parenting, and healing, I'll take the bursts as they come. Hopefully the current burst sees this one through to completion!

Meanwhile if there is an older table you'd like to see updated to BAM which I have not done already, just let me know, and I'll squeeze it in to the mix as well. I know some of those older tables aren't that great, but BAM makes them play so much better!

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back