Sega Baywatch (Sega, 1995) problems

stlawra

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Baywatch
Hi everyone,

I'm a new member and have a question about my Sega Baywatch machine. Much of the machine was not working. I had a pinball maintenance man come and fix it up. He said it was working at about 30% and once he left it was operating at about 90%. The only major issues that I see right now are that the back panel lighting and some lighting on the game area is not working (the video screen is operating fine). I'm thinking this could be a loose or broken circuit. I do have the users manual. Can someone point me in the right direction as to what I should look for to fix this? Any information or help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

About the lights that are and aren't working...Are the game lights under playfield inserts working? They are controlled in a matrix. What about the playfield general illumination lamps? Do you have any overheating connections in your back box?

wcob5HvowFncwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Last edited:
I don't believe there is any overheating. The general bulbs that provide most of the lighting on the game that should be on all of the time are not working. However, there are other lights that are working such as the special features lighting for multiball etc.

OK, all of your game controlled lamp matrix lights are working. That is real good news! Your G.I. lamps being out ...I guess all fuses have checked good? I have download of your manual and will give it a look...C_S

Aren't they in series, where one takes them all out like Christmas lights? Because of this, I'm thinking broken wire.

Some Bright Ideas...?

I don't believe there is any overheating. The general bulbs that provide most of the lighting on the game that should be on all of the time are not working. However, there are other lights that are working such as the special features lighting for multiball etc.
You say thee G.I. lamps are on all the time. I see a relay that controls the G.I. circuit. So I guess they are only on during game play. ? . I see the usual 6 volt G.I. transformer tap and maybe two fuses. And I don't think any of these bulbs are in series. Could be some flash lamps in series cause it looks like 32V supply which seems high. Hope it's a fuse. Let us know what you find out...
:welcome2:

Last edited:
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back