Beta BAM Update v297: custom model animations

As for the 800 objects... I'm not getting the pop up message when "creating" objects over 800 with BAM.... but if I have two tables open, and I try to "copy" an object from one table to the other, I then get the pop up message saying I've exceeded 800 objects. I also get the same if I have only one table open and try to copy and paste an object if I'm over 800 (this is how Zed EXE also worked).

I can't even seem to copy objects from one table to another with less than 800 objects. I tried copy and paste functions by right clicking, by menu options and by cntrl c and cntrl v. Is there a trick?

I can't even seem to copy objects from one table to another with less than 800 objects. I tried copy and paste functions by right clicking, by menu options and by cntrl c and cntrl v. Is there a trick?

Make sure you load them both into the same Editor window.... not a 2nd window of FP. Then switch between them (in the same window) back and forth for copy and paste.

Very Very Cool !
Thanks Terry for adding all the features to DSA so brilliantly !!

Thanks SLAMT1LT for DSA ultimate pro ! It is a landmark table

Thanks Ravarcade for BAM !! You are Truly a Genius !!
Thanks PolyGame for pushing the Model Importer Envelope !!

Make sure you load them both into the same Editor window.... not a 2nd window of FP. Then switch between them (in the same window) back and forth for copy and paste.

Aye! Works like a charm!

I seem to remember there is one object that can only be added to a table by copy and paste but I don't remember what it was. It seems like it was something Gimli worked on.

Aye! Works like a charm!

I seem to remember there is one object that can only be added to a table by copy and paste but I don't remember what it was. It seems like it was something Gimli worked on.
Thats how you get a toy on the table , you import the model and texture and then copy and pastè any toy from another table as dummy

@ravarcade

Testing the BAM update... I can get it to work if using a key or delaying with a Timer. Maybe its just the timing of everything starting up that was the issue.

Star Wars DSA is a unique table in that it uses MANY holograms that fly over the entire table all the time. So it's very hard to manage objects and flares without causing a problem even with this new feature.

That said, it should work very well with most other tables that don't have Epic Space Battles over the playfield. :)

This feature could be used for other things though. Being able to tie a Custom object to any surface and have it appear / hide with that surface could be useful for having many things appear / disappear with one simple automatic table action. (like some of the VPX tables like TOTAN, or G5K's tables that need to use crazy amounts of texture and mesh swapping to do their fake rendered lighting... though its impressive they pull it off the way they do).

@ravarcade

I am having trouble with the glow on lights. I used the BAM ".GlowRadius" function in the script to produce the following screen shots with glow set to 5 on the left and then 10, 15 and 20 on the far right.

1597177089705.png

I only use the .GlowRadius = 0 function because the glow doesn't look right when I set it to anything above 0. Instead of having a white dot in the center, I need it to produce a gradient from the center all the way out to the edge.

Of course if you can't fix it, just say no.

Last edited:
@ravarcade

I am having trouble with the glow on lights. I used the BAM ".GlowRadius" function in the script to produce the following screen shots with glow set to 5 on the left and then 10, 15 and 20 on the far right.

View attachment 15049

I only use the .GlowRadius = 0 function because the glow doesn't look right when I set it to anything above 0. Instead of having a white dot in the center, I need it to produce a gradient from the center all the way out to the edge.

Of course if you can't fix it, just say no.
FP is using build in textures as glow texture. You can replace it when you add to table.ZIP own 316.BMP
See attached demo.
Only limitation you will change glow texture for buls too. Flasher will use 315.BMP (it looks similiary to 316.BMP)

Attachments

• glowTexDemo.zip
    42.3 KB · Views: 91
@ravarcade

I managed to change the 316.BMP to make the glow look close to the way I wanted on the playfield light inserts. I may be able to reduce the glow in the bulbs to make them look right (not sure yet but it would involve adding about 80 lights to the script).

My problem right now is I have no control over the bumper lights (I am referring to the internal light inside the bumper). I tried turning the bumper light off in the script and adding some bulbs in its place but that does not work. The glow of one bulb is too small. If I add more than one bulb, you can see the glow of the individual bulbs. The 316.BMP doesn't seem to affect the bumper lights very much (as far as I can tell). A script error is produced if I add BAM brightness or glow controls in the script for the bumper lights.

Any suggestions?

George

Man BAM is just crazy . I cant believe how so much work you guys have put into it . Well done !! really it is amazing .

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back