Popotte

Flipper is good for you!
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Good old EM
Popotte submitted a new resource:

Big Indian (Gottlieb - 1974) - Wild, wild west...

Orbit (Gottlieb, 1971) v1.00_FizX
IPDB No. 257
NOTES
BAM 357 or higher is mandatory in order to play this table.

What is new:
- vari target is now a toy

Known bugs:
- ball can go through vari target,

You can toggle (by the toggle HUD key) the HUD reel.
You access to the adjustment menu by the Special2Key.
RULES:
INSERT ONE COIN AND WAIT FOR MACHINE TO RESET BEFORE INSERTING COINS FOR...

Read more about this resource...

is this not

Sherokee (Rowamet 1978)

is this not

Sherokee (Rowamet 1978)​

You have that backwards.
You should be asking on the Sherokee tables page, is this not Big Indian?
This Gottlieb table was made 3 years earlier than that Rowamet version.
Rowamet is similiar to Taito.
They both make tables that are basically copies of other tables already made.

Great job on these Popotte!
Carry on.

ah yes my bad didn't look at the dates, school boy error, thanks for that xenonph

Not sure if this got back to you. Appreciate your work on old tables.

1677002526648.png

Hello Popotte. Thank you for your work. I'm getting a meditation error after the ball hits the upper left targets on the table
Script Error: Line 1662
Object doesn't support this property or method: 'fp_item.x'

I think I solved the issue. Line 257 and 261. I changed the DT3 to DT_3 and I'm no longer getting errors. If this isn't the proper fix and you find it should be handled another way, please let me know. Thanks!

I think I solved the issue. Line 257 and 261. I changed the DT3 to DT_3 and I'm no longer getting errors. If this isn't the proper fix and you find it should be handled another way, please let me know. Thanks!
I am no Future Pinball expert, but have you tried updating your BAM to newest version?
Because I do not get any errors when hitting the upper left drop targets.

I am no Future Pinball expert, but have you tried updating your BAM to newest version?
Because I do not get any errors when hitting the upper left drop targets.
Yes. I am on latest BAM from 2/11/23. Were you running the updated table version from today? Odd that making that change would fix the issue if it's running fine on your end.

Yes. I am on latest BAM from 2/11/23. Were you running the updated table version from today? Odd that making that change would fix the issue if it's running fine on your end.
Very odd.
Yes I downloaded table again right after I saw your post.
Well if it got it working for you, that is what matters.
I am sure if there are any ill effects from changing the script, Popotte will let you know.

I had the same issue on line 1662. I will try the fix as suggested above. I think I have the latest version of everything FP since I checked yesterday/

I had the same issue on line 1662. I will try the fix as suggested above. I think I have the latest version of everything FP since I checked yesterday/
That seemed to fix that problem, but it did not seem to help the quick drains :)

I am not sure what is going on, but the "fix" apparently works on the latest Popotes FizX tables. I am going down the list Cleopatra, Old Chicago etc. Maybe something with the newer BAM or 1.01 FizX seemed to upset the previous coding.

Orbit, Skyjump, Big Indian, Old Chicago and Cleopatra had the same issues and were fixed by the "patch". Like nagai_devil said, this may not be the correct patch, but it works for the present version

Orbit (why?), Skyjump, Big Indian, Old Chicago and Cleopatra (freshly reuploaded) are working, for me and on my two differents PC (W7 and W10), without any problem with 3.57 and 3.60 BAM's versions.
And, concerning Big Indian and Old Chicago, the nagai_devil patch can't work, as the DT_1, ..., DT_5 are .SolenoidOn and a drop target with a .SolenoidOn (according to the FP documentation and tested) can't have a _Hit event...
And the FizX problem resolution consist to move one (1) line from a sub to an other sub, and this line have nothing to do with drop targets.
@xenonph do you have this bug too?

I don't know why.

I stopped the other day downloading the previously mentioned tables after I saw Big Indian did not work and waited for somebody smarter to figure out what was going on. Once there was a "proposed temporary" patch, I tried it on Big Indian to see if it would work and it did.

Then I tested the other downloads to see if they would run.

When the same error came up with those tables, I went looking for DT5 in the table script. There was the same structure of coding in the other non-working tables, so I took a chance and changed it to DT_5. No smarts involved......just a guess. And it appeared to work

I had just downloaded BAM/FP from Ravercade several days ago, since it has been changing quite a bit lately, got the updated FizX 1.01? and applied the 4 gig memory patch to FP and FPL loader. So I think I am up to date.

I only have v1.01 and it is working fine for me.

/edit

And I just tested all the other recent updates and no problems either.

Last edited:
I don't know why.

I stopped the other day downloading the previously mentioned tables after I saw Big Indian did not work and waited for somebody smarter to figure out what was going on. Once there was a "proposed temporary" patch, I tried it on Big Indian to see if it would work and it did.

Then I tested the other downloads to see if they would run.

When the same error came up with those tables, I went looking for DT5 in the table script. There was the same structure of coding in the other non-working tables, so I took a chance and changed it to DT_5. No smarts involved......just a guess. And it appeared to work

I had just downloaded BAM/FP from Ravercade several days ago, since it has been changing quite a bit lately, got the updated FizX 1.01? and applied the 4 gig memory patch to FP and FPL loader. So I think I am up to date.
My problem is "we don't know why". And I don't like that. So, I'll search why and expect to have a respons.

I only have v1.01 and it is working fine for me.

/edit

And I just tested all the other recent updates and no problems either.
Could you test V1.01 FizX? :cheers: (because I'm going crazy)

I only have the FizX versions updated with the most recent bug squashed. This means I tested v1.01 FizX on all tables except for Wizard which I think it's 1.21 FizX.
I played a little bit more, NO problems.

BTW, I love how I can "tap pass" on these tables. They do feel like another era where solenoids were weaker and this skill seemed easier to do. Anyway, I like the way they play and as far as I can tell, there are no problems apart from my skills on older tables :) Ok little lie because I noticed that on Vikings a least you left the cheats active ;)

Last edited:
Orbit (why?), Skyjump, Big Indian, Old Chicago and Cleopatra (freshly reuploaded) are working, for me and on my two differents PC (W7 and W10), without any problem with 3.57 and 3.60 BAM's versions.
And, concerning Big Indian and Old Chicago, the nagai_devil patch can't work, as the DT_1, ..., DT_5 are .SolenoidOn and a drop target with a .SolenoidOn (according to the FP documentation and tested) can't have a _Hit event...
And the FizX problem resolution consist to move one (1) line from a sub to an other sub, and this line have nothing to do with drop targets.

I have no bugs here.
Table works fine for me.
Great table!

Hello Popotte. The only table of your FizX that I had any issue with was the Big Indian table. And the crash and that error line I quoted only occurred when the ball hit the drop targets in the upper left playfield. That's why I went searching for resolution with DT scriptings. As I mentioned i had no idea if it would be the "correct" resolution, but it's what worked for me. I don't know why bossman was having issues with your other tables as I did not.

I just relooked at the situation with Old Chicago as an example. I reloaded the FP/BAM from Ravercade (it was the 60 version that I had used before). I re-downloaded Old Chicago and got the same warning as before. It popped up right away in play. I am not sure if the warning is stuck in a buffer or a registry, but it still happened.

The only odd duck features that I have is Windows 11 (up to date) and a newer AMD 6600XT video card. In this situation, I am not sure that it makes a difference, but that is what I have.

Just for precaution, did you run fploader.exe AND future pinball.exe ONCE as admin. Just open and close as admin, no need to do anything else.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    Deeznutsnmuth has left the room.
    mbr has left the room.
    Ylliem has left the room.
    Rui3 has left the room.
    baliw has left the room.
    losthighway76 has left the room.
    Totevski72 has left the room.
    joeuro has left the room.
    oettmane has left the room.
    charly_ey has left the room.
    j24sailr has left the room.
    dwood has left the room.
    gregonitov has left the room.
    Drogo has left the room.
    SmashXD has left the room.
    mrdarc has left the room.
    butterface5000 has left the room.
    Pinheads has left the room.
    helptv has left the room.
    joeboxer has left the room.
    Auleric has left the room.
    vizzone has left the room.
    Develop has left the room.
    Krusty104 has left the room.
    grh450 has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: grh450 has left the room.
      Back