WIP Original Table FP Billiard Queen (original)

Future Pinball
Yes I've done all that. I think I simply got the position of the diverters off. I'll tweak and see. I'll have to do a bunch of other slings on this table anyway.

Yes, the diverters need to be behind the rubbers a bit, and their size is important. Also the adjustments of the sling center point and the next two points can be important as well for the angle of the rubbers, and where the leaf switches are, etc.

(MOTU CE examples)

1716243107304.png

1716242977159.png

1716242949333.png

Last edited:
ok so I just about have those slingshots dialled in. Its coming along!

Playing nicely now. I'm down to a few little tidy ups in the coding and some minor cosmetics. THank you for everybody who has had input on this thread. It's wonderful to find so much community support for a project.

OK, this table is 99% done. I am wanting to run a bit more testing, and conduct any remaining tweaks before release (I'm not 100% sold on the left ramp performance yet), and I'm giving in for tonight, so it will have to wait. THe fizx was worth it, the ball control is much more appropriate now.

So I will be coding in that quick multi, but also tying the loop shots and the captive ball together into a sequence where you drop the centre target, then the first of the six loops you complete the light set on determines which of six players -Evelyn, Lenore, Dorothy, Hellen, Dianna or Rose is then lit (on the illiar targets of billiard - each has a different girl depicted.) Their target is then raised if it iwas dropped, and you activate them as contender by dropping the target. You then sink the captive ball to have them proclaimed queen of the tournament. If you have a player set up when sinking the captive ball, the pocket value is paid as double. The girls lights (seperate to the ILLIAR lights) and centre target then reset for your next attempt. This mode ties the loops into the theme and ruleset in a more concrete way than before.

a lot of progress tonight. The quick multi is in. The normal multi is expanded to three balls to compensate as it is quite hard to achieve, a bunch of tiny tweaks (eg trimmed a mm or so from the top of the left slingshot to make the canon targets in the left of the playfield more shootable. after a lot of tinkering with the left and right ramps, I have added two "slappers" which are just diverters at the top of the ramps operated with the flippers, which will give the ball a slap so you can reach the top of the table more readily. They work pretty well. I played with flipper trickery in testing, and fizx is really making them play! its great. I've never experienced such realistic flipper tricks in FP before Fizx, Terry and co have worked wonders giving us that. But thats me for the night. Time for an hour of playing other tables before sleeping.

this will be included

Attachments

• weelbq.png
    weelbq.png
    1 MB · Views: 5
I think I am done. The six girls are coded in as candidates for billiard queen, but I don't trust my tired code, so will continue testing for now. I have squished an embarrassing amount of bugs now. Playing great and a lot of fun, I think I have managed to capture the frustration of a real pinball - you have been warned lol. Current screenshot attached. I will get it up once I have been able to complete all modes without further errors in a game. I am hopeful you are going to all love it.

Attachments

• bqss1.jpg
    bqss1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Are you looking for some beta testers before you release it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that you have released it already. :) I will give it a try.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, Pirates are often depicted with eye patches in popular culture, but the reasons for this vary. Here are a few possible explanations:

1. **Injury**: The most straightforward reason a pirate might wear an eye patch is that they lost an eye due to injury. Pirate battles, sword fights, and the general hazards of seafaring life could easily lead to eye injuries, necessitating an eye patch.

2. **Myth and Stereotype**: The image of a pirate with an eye patch has become a stereotype perpetuated by movies, books, and other forms of media. It's part of the romanticized pirate image that includes peg legs, hooks for hands, and parrots on shoulders.

3. **Preserving Night Vision**: A more interesting and practical theory suggests that pirates wore eye patches to keep one eye adapted to the dark. When moving between the bright deck and the dark below decks, a pirate could switch the patch from one eye to the other. The eye that was covered
  • Free Bally! @ Free Bally!:
    nope... it was because a seagul shit in his eye the day after he got the new hook fitted
    • Haha
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
  • JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze:
    He couldn't scratch his eye, or tried and had to get the patch because of the hook...:pirat:🏴‍☠️🪝
    Reactions: Free Bally!
    ahh well, back to work tomorrow
    Looking at Tuesday for a real day off, ahhh
    Hope you find your keys!
    But working long every darned day has (Finally!) cleared up pain in my hip that has plagued me since April
    haha, naw the keys are long gone. HAVE to get a new pair of pants... Without A Hole In The Pocket!
    • Haha
    Get AC 4! you :pirat:
    Reactions: Free Bally!
    Got AC, weather-liars say i'll need an umbrella all weekend
    • Haha
    ohh oops
    you mean the pirate game!
    AC = Assasin's Creed...4...Black Flag.
    heh, they all look like pirate queens, instead of a gig on the beach, the Law Of The Sea says they have to fight until there's only one
    ahoy, have to go make some salad of fish chunks flavored to taste like crab, have a salty Friday ya scallawag!
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    Free Bally! has left the room.
    yirmiahu has left the room.
    Guenther has left the room.
    alain.rev has left the room.
    eduguitar72 has left the room.
    mickcarmone has left the room.
    No World Order has left the room.
    ususio1011 has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: ususio1011 has left the room.
      Back