Billiards Engine

VP8 Flipperless Recreation Billiards Engine v0.9Z.3F.BallCleanup

No permission to download
wow, bob... never realised that!

btw, next time you go back to the club maybe you can take a tape measure. :)

wow, bob... never realised that!

btw, next time you go back to the club maybe you can take a tape measure. :)

Here's a start.... This will give you the playing surface dimensions. I'll look for cushion sizes next. The actual table could be of varying size as it's the playing surface that counts.

[EDIT] BTW, that site has a fairly active forums.

http://www.easypooltutor.com/article180.html

Last edited:
That of course works as set up. Close and slow,

You can easily throw a ball a couple of inches to the left or right from that length of a shot from the video.

and that is why I mentioned that it does have an effect, but you can not do that across the entire table.
Yes you can, but I'm not going to argue with you about it.

Average players do need to control the cue ball and side English is not going to change the shot to any degree to worry about. Average players are not doing trick shots either.
If you are shooting for position in real pool, then you need to learn the throw of the ball when using left or right english or don't use it, I assume you don't use it in real life as you know nothing about it

I think the shot was make able without the English anyway, in that video.
I showed you the video for visual consideration. I KNOW the ball can be thrown to the left about 2 inches on that particular shot from experience.

It looked like he had plenty of room, and the video changed just before the shot with even more, and certainly enough room. But even if that was just my perspective, the right English was extreme, and I think the shot was made because of the cue ball rolling around the one, something that can be done on slow and close shots, or with masse. Still as I said, the effect is real, but minuscule, and negligible as far as a poll simulation in VP is concerned. The no effect language I adopted after making that statement was for the purposes of this project.
The shot was made because of left english being applied to the ball, while striking the ball more towards the center of the object ball and the english throwing it to the left, but you can think what you want.

I've beaten a few club owners in my time.
I'm sure you used your stick as a weapon to do this......

:p\'n\'l:

sweet- thanks bob.

so the two inch cushions used at the parlour were within spec. and if i understand correctly, the playing area plus cushions plus rails is what combines to give the overall quotable length. for example eight feet as i have the game set up right now.

in fact i've been pondering going down to seven feet in order for the balls to show up better. balancing against that is the fact that seven feet is a beginner's-size table.

i guess next thing is to look at light setups and decide on how the light fading on the table should look. obviously the circular lighting on the current version is not meant to be the final look.

I play at Grand Billiards. Name of Shockman.
I'll get an account there too, if you promise to play me. Can you practice that off-line, or online alone.
I lost my last game at GB. The guy slopped in the 9 ball off the 6.

Phil, I don't see a way to practice online or offline, I don't see a one player option. Of course I would play you and I'll checkout GrandBilliards today, it looks about the same as Poolsharks.

Yes, I think the program is the same, Just different people to take your money.
I see you get 2 real dollars, that's cool. I get 100 fake dollars. I haven't bought any more but it's probably $10 real for $100 fake.
The cool thing about these sites is that the losers pay for it. The winners play free.

I signed up and played 1 game at GrandBilliards and Pool Sharks seems to be much better. At Pool Sharks you shoot your shot by pulling back the mouse and moving it forward. This creates the speed at which you strike the cue ball. I signed up as Bob5453 at both sites, so we'll have to set a time to meet up and play.

OK I'm on Pool Sharks. Name of Shockman.
Played someone that has experience with that and lost to him twice. 9 ball.
I like it better than GB for the same reason you do.
It looks like the chances of hooking up with someone particular is slim.
It was a mad rush to hook up with the 6 or so games set up. About 5 times by the time I joined, got the requester and clicked join again someone beat me to the punch.
It you want to try though, I'm game, or if you know of a way to invite or something like that, let me know. I have to be at work in an hour, so tonight is not good. I might practice with it when I get back around midnight though.

Pool sharks is cool. Tough game though. When you we get use to it it will be glorious.

Bob cleaned my clock. It wasn't pretty, but he won nearly every game.

I hope we can do it again.

Cool, we played about an hour and Shocky kicked my arse. It's not that hard to play with who you want to. You start a table and then reject everyone except the one you want to play with. I thought the game was awesome.

hehe... bravo, you two.

this is annoying. my head is back to normal and i figured out that eating spicy food was the thing that was giving me headaches, so now that's not an issue. but now my gut has been hurting since last tuesday.

i'm hoping it's just an intestinal flu or something. it doesn't seem painful enough to be appendicitis, but it sure has been persistent and distracting. spicy food seems to have no relation to this problem, so it's kind of new and scary.

Nic, you should try out that site....

http://www.poolsharks.com/

I took an overhead shot of the table for you, I removed the balls and the shark from the middle and cleaned it up a little and tried to make it rectangular, but I didn't check the actual 8/4 table resolution. If you want me to clean it up some more as I can see where I moved one of the balls, let me know.

Attachments

• PoolTable.jpg
    PoolTable.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 330
Have you seen the doc nick?

I also think that you would enjoy Pool Sharks. It's bunches of fun, and you meet many nice people. Just stay away from Bob for a while, he will clean you out.

Get well already.

@bob,
thanks, but that looks very artificial. pics of a real-life table would be the right place to start IMO.

@phil,
i'm waiting for my state medical renewal to see a doctor. hopefully in a couple days i get that clearance.

looking forward to trying the online games when i'm feeling better.

added the version from last month with the ball cleanup to the PN download system.

thanks, jon.

ah yes, that old version should be deleted stat because it has a serious bug in the aiming system.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: blackspatular is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back