Bingo!

Dam, thought I had a GREAT bingo site bookmarked, and now I can't find it.

(On the same subject, though...how come no one's ever rec'ed a one-ball game?)

There are a number of one ball games Tudnut, most are one ball payouts by Druadic, but I have 3 trade stimulators, two which are 1 ball, or I should say, 1 coin, and one that requires 8 pennies, and may be the most difficult game made do far in VP. They are Penny Drop, where you try to drop a penny into a clown's mouth, Bouncerino, where you drop a nickel trying for as much as $5.00, and the Coppers, where one need to drop one penny in each of 8 scoring lanes. I played at least 300 games while making and testing it, and the best I did was 6 seperate scoring lanes. You might enjoy exploring our different categories, just click on Download and discover all the hidden gems in every one of them. Have fun.

John

No offense, John (and by now I hope you know I'm not trying to offend you!), but what I meant was the "one-ball" gambling games, the companies put out several of those every year (the ipdb calls them "horse-race" games: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2426, as an example). Yeah, I think they could get sort of boring after awhile, but still I would think it fun to have one or two of them out here.

Yep...but not a single one-ball.

(And actually, John, in glancing through that site I posted up there, there's some pretty good stuff that could be used as graphics, I think...here and there, anyway.)

Bingo actually wouldnt be that hard to make with vp. You wold need alot of randomizers for the board, but it would be pretty basic.

zerhino said:
Bingo actually wouldnt be that hard to make with vp. You wold need alot of randomizers for the board, but it would be pretty basic.

I wouldn't know, since I never tried making one yet. But Druadic, who made a fair number of them, always complained how difficult they were to script. But then he even admitted that he wasn't much of a coder.

John

Well, my hats go off to anyone who makes any kind of a table, let alone finding a way to allow for the vagaries in a bingo (though you've gotta admit that the diagrams on the site I provided about the randomizers are pretty tantalizing, no?).

Still, I would think a one-ball would be fairly easy.

By the way (posted, embarrassingly enough, almost a month later), my apologies to Steve about the confusion above. We were both talking about the same site!

tiltjlp said:
zerhino said:

I wouldn't know, since I never tried making one yet. But Druadic, who made a fair number of them, always complained how difficult they were to script. But then he even admitted that he wasn't much of a coder.

John

You make it sound like that's a bad thing? How is Druadic lately anyway? :)

By the way, look at the article "My Tahiti Sweetie" on the page Steve is pointing to (as the page stands right now, anyway). What a LOVELY machine...and GREAT PICS! (Sorry des, didn't mean to interrupt, but just had to mention that. This thing is RIPE for a rec...except what number is under that glare on the backglass?)

(It's "1"...just looked it up.)

destruk said:
How is Druadic lately anyway? :)

The last time I heard from Will, he said he should be back in the states by this fall, if everything goes accorfing to plans. But since few things stay on schedule, it could be a bit sooner, or even a bit later. As far as returning to VP, you're guess is as good as mine. One time he'll mention tables he wants to update as well as new ones to make. Then the next time he's all excited about some new shooter or RPG that he wants to make levels for. I keep trying to con him into VP again be telling him I'm better than he ever was, but i don't think he's buying that. :p

My hisory with Bingo Machines?....

I used to go to a pin and pool hall in the 70's that had Bingo Machines in a dark corner of the hall. One day (late 70's) a sherriff that was up for re-election showed up at the Hall with a bunch of people, including a tv news crew. They were filming the entire sad events, they proceeded to take the Bingo Machines into the parking lot and smashed them up with axes..:yikes:

I have not played a real one since but there are plenty in our downloads section, hung's continental and Malibu Beach were the first magic screens and Patrick has just released a fine looking FP original.

What got me really interested in pinball back in the late 50s and early 60s was a tavern not far from where I lived had three bingos. Since I was underage, I was only allowed in there after school, before their regulars started showing up from their jobs. Once they got to know me a bit, they would let me place side bets on the games, and would pay me off in soda pop and snacks, or even a sandwich if I got lucky. To me, and probably most folks, pinball is anything that looks or plays like pinball. When I was about 5, there was a candy store that had a game where you tried to land a ball in a special slot. if you did, you won a large handful of the saltiest stale peanuts imaginable. If you lost you got a small handful.

No doubt that peanut dispensing gadget was a trade stimualtor, or at least was used by Art Brestle as one. And I would guess his little store sold more Double Cola that any other store in town. I only wish I remembered enough about that game to recreate it now, nearly 55 years later. But my point is that pinball is much too narrow a term for the games we enjoy. Here at PN we have arcade remakes, hand held recreations, 1 ball payouts, trade stimulators, bingo, toy pins, and pachinkos and slots, as well as home sale bagatelle. Anyone who limits themselves to just VPMs or only EMs are missing out on a lot of fun, and a lot of coin-op history. Rather than narrow your area of interest, why not expand it and see what all you've been missing.

If you can't make it to Tim's Las Vegas Hall Of Fame, think of PN as your online Hall Of Variety. No where else will you fine playable games spanning 3 centuries from an 1880s bagatelle to very soon, the first ported games from this century. I enjoy exploring and playing games from every era, and I invite y'all to do the same.

Do gooders removed the bingos when it was to difficlut to bribe local officials.
in the 70s and early 80s they were all over the place in Sydney and they paid out to strangers but i would only play my favourite machines at my favourite place.
The problem was that govenment was not getting a cut and they do not like that one bit.
The popblem with the bingos was that the house could actually LOSE unlike todays gaming machines.
These days in Sydney you can walk into any Pub (Public bar) and play poker machines with out even being asked for I.D. for proff of age in fact you can walk in and play through on door from the cap park without even seeing a staff member and play and payout with no ID whatsoever so a kid could do it if no one noticed him.
The difference these days is that the Govenment geta a cut and the house cant lose.
Bring back the bingos!!!

The popblem with the bingos was that the house could actually LOSE

don't believe that, surely not on a long term that is, I play them very frequently over here in Belgium and most of the time I lose (and I'm an 'experienced' player)...

The point is the house can lose and they can there is no conrol over payouts it is skill not payout control.
But if you keep losing you are not in it for the money must be the fun.

A good bingo player when the games were legal here in the 1950's could make $100.00 a day (yes, in 1950's money!) if he went from location to location all day and didn't have a job. Bingo is a skill, not just luck. Every bingo plays differently depending on how well it was kept up and if it was set up correctly, and a bingo shark learns to take advantage of a bingo's quirks to gain an advantage. The 'house' made money from casual players, the real players made money from the house.

Ken
[email protected]

Spot on Ken
There was alway a guy with more money than brains to pump the machine and lose big money.
I gambled my bus fare more time than i will admit but it was gos exercise walking home.
i could only start with a dollar or so if won i bult up from there on the machine i played i (circus queen) i could get 9,1,2 by simply firing the ball at a certain speed this was a huge advantage but the onwer of the house cottoned on to it and changed the ball fireing mechanism before to long i mastered that as well.
The owner of the house sugested i play pool but i was no good at that.
Cheers

I have a 1951 Bally Spot Lite bingo myself, and you're right, my wife plays it and she says there are certain ways to get certain holes. If you can shoot at the 'perfect' way, the center holes on the bingo card are much easier to hit. She is much better than I am, she usually wins 32 games or more easily but I rarely win at all. I thought she was going to kill me the night she won 96 free games, but the game wouldn't pay out.

I suck at pool too...

Ken
[email protected]

I went for a walk in my old home town or Cabramatta (about 25k south west of Sydney) looking for my old bingo hall and much to my disgust it is now a Bridal shop!!!
Nothing is sacret.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back