Bubblegum Crisis 2035 1.3

Neo

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Medieval Madness
Well, here's the next thing I'm working on: an update of BGC 2035 to version 1.3. I recently found a few bugs that needed to be addressed and I put in fixes as well as some minor graphical touch-ups. I also fixed the issue where the ball sometimes gets stuck on the upper level. I also made a couple of changes to the gameplay and added a few new sounds. Here is a list of the changes I currently have in place

-Further tweaks on main left flipper to make District 3 ramp shot easier
-Minor graphical touchups
-Enabled a 15-second Ball Saver on all multiball Boomer battles and the Moonlight Rambler contract mode
-Enabled an autoplunger in all cases when a ball drains and the Ball Saver is active
-Fixed a display bug when you complete all the contracts
-Fixed a couple of display bugs in the Largo battle
-Disabled the manual plunger whenever the Ball Saver is active
-Minor playfield tweaks, including fixing a bug where the ball sometimes gets stuck on the upper level
-Added sound effects for Signature Multiball
-Fixed a problem with a boomer being spotted after getting the 33S through Moonlight Rambler
-Added a status report activated by holding a flipper key down for a few seconds while the table is running a game. Releasing the flipper key returns the display to normal.
-Fixed lingering display timer issues
-Changed BU55C Boomer mode: BU55C now requires 7 shots to defeat instead of 5, but defeating the boomer will start Victory Mode if both balls are in play when the boomer is defeated, and the time limit when one ball drains has been increased from 45 seconds to 60 seconds.
-Added a "Ball Lost" timer that returns a ball to the plunger if the ball is still in play and there has been no scoring for 45 seconds
-Added some new Largo sounds and a new music track for the Largo battle (vpbgcboomer6.mp3) which should go into your VP Music folder. This will be included with the zip file for the table when it's released.

Below is a screenie in case anyone is interested.

Take Care

Attachments

• BGC2035_13.jpg
    BGC2035_13.jpg
    560.4 KB · Views: 759
I remember this table. :) I thought it had a nice layout and the game play was smooth and fun. I think I posted this to you the last time, but I remember it was hard to focus in on the playfield as the table graphics and the table objects just seemed to blend into each other. I remember I chose "none" for the table graphics and everything just seemed to take shape for me.

Your "ball lost" timer seems like a good idea, but what if I just catch the ball on a flipper and hold it for 45 seconds, will I then have a 2 ball multiball?

I remember this table. :) I thought it had a nice layout and the game play was smooth and fun. I think I posted this to you the last time, but I remember it was hard to focus in on the playfield as the table graphics and the table objects just seemed to blend into each other. I remember I chose "none" for the table graphics and everything just seemed to take shape for me.

Thanks bob. I have given some thought to removing the playfield image and just keeping the dark-blue background. If I do that I'll probably put some more image decals at various points on the table (maybe in a couple of the blank areas).

Your "ball lost" timer seems like a good idea, but what if I just catch the ball on a flipper and hold it for 45 seconds, will I then have a 2 ball multiball?

I've got it set up to where it stops the ball-lost timer when either of the flippers are raised, then restarting the timer when both flippers are lowered, so this shouldn't be an issue. I'll need to test it to be sure.

Take Care

I've got it set up to where it stops the ball-lost timer when either of the flippers are raised, then restarting the timer when both flippers are lowered, so this shouldn't be an issue. I'll need to test it to be sure.

Hey, that's really a clever idea, you'll have to explain it though, as most players just sit there flipping the flippers when a ball is lost or stuck.

Last edited:
The original Bubblegum Crisis OVA series is one of my favorites, so I guess I am interested in seeing how this live action movie works out. Ive never seen BGC Tokyo 2040 though but I want to one day.

Ah, another BGC fan! BGC Tokyo 2040 is pretty good, especially in the plot and character development. Also, have you checked out Parasite Dolls (spin-off), AD Police Files (pre-equal) and Bubblegum Crash (sequel/conclusion)?

One of my favorite Pinball originals! Can't wait to see how the update comes out!

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back