can't get this to work..

wangho

Pinball Player
Reaction score
as soon as I click on the Vidual Pinball .exe Im greeted with an error message: "application is unable to start because a DRMClien.dll is missing."

The program will still load and once I try to start a table, I get about 5 error messages stating that a vbs6 and vbs7 files are missing. These correct files are in the same folder as the tables and everything.

I read a few other forum messages with similar problems with these files missing with an answer to "update your vbs files becasue they are outdated."

Ok, fine. Where in the world do I find the new up-to-date vbs files?? I downloaded and installed the Visual_Install_Pack on the front page. Is this already outdated??

Another point im unclear about is all these programs (VPinMame, Visual Pinball, etc) are combined just to run a single table? I should only be downloading the roms and tables under the default C:\Program Files\Pinball directory, correct?

This is all a bit confusing and messy or something, because I'm usually pretty good at getting these kinds of things operating pretty well. So someone steer me right, please

Im greeted with an error message: "application is unable to start because a DRMClien.dll is missing."
I've never heard of that error message, are you trying to run VP on Vista?
The program will still load and once I try to start a table, I get about 5 error messages stating that a vbs6 and vbs7 files are missing. These correct files are in the same folder as the tables and everything.
I think those are visual basic errors. Do you have at least Windows Script 5.6 installed?

I'd run an antivirus scan, though if you do not have an antivirus program already installed
and you do have a virus then you may need to reinstall Windows. It may be impossible to remove otherwise.

yes, I am running with Vista and Im not sure if I have Windows Script 5.6. I install Windows updates from time to time, however.

I did have some viruses in the past, but most of those were remedied with AVG and SmitFraudFix, etc. I know some viruses can stick around, however. I don't have problems with any other programs though, just this one. I did manually install VPinmame and Visual Pinball seperately before I found the all-in-one install, deleted those, then tried with the new install. Something's messed up somewhere.

The reason I think it's a virus is because the error is calling for a ".dll" that VP/VPinMAME
doesn't use. When that happens, it's often a virus.
Have you tried scanning the system in Safe Mode? Smithfraud is very tough to remove, and I've gotten rid of it for friends only by running the HP/Compaq Recovery which reinstalls Windows, then when the system reboots the first time after the installation I press F8 andinstead force the reboot to Safe Mode, then run Spybot (free program) with all updates. If you do not have a Hp/Compaq system or one with a Recovery Mode, you might try reinstalling Windows on top of the current installation (called an "in-place installation"), then when done do not run anything but the antivirus scan to remove the junk from the hard drive. If you run or open anything else, you might be opening an infected .exe or file, including the antivirus program if it did not detect the infection before the virus took control of your system.

AVG was not tough enough for the Smithfraud infection, but Spybot got most of it off the hard drive.

Last edited:
if it is one of those nasty malwares that are easiest gotten rid of by re-installing, try running the attached utitlity instead: (I have successfully cleaned systems infected with all the varieties of the antivirus2008 etc virus, one with nearly 400 iterations of such infections!)
This has worked where Norton fails, McCaffee Fails, Trend Micro fails, AVG fails, CA fails, Kaperskey fails, etc etc....

(I use it at work and our re-installs - which are time consuming - dropped by 80% from that day!) there are some others we use if this fails (which is rare), but try this first.

DAMN - can't attach it - here is a link:
http://www.download.com/Malwarebyte...4572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button

thanks m4paws. Boy, I'm glad I didn't re-install Windows. Something so simple. Any way to get rid of the editor background and go fullscreen with the tables?

No, don't reinstall Windows unless you have an infection that cannot be removed by antivirus programs.

In the editor, click Preferences > Video options and put a check in the Full Screen checkbox, then set the resolution to match your Desktop resolution. Look up your Desktop resolution by Right-Clicking on any empty space on the Desktop > choose Properties. The Display menu should appear. At the top click on the Settings tab and check the settings for Screen Resolution and Color Quality, then set the Visual Pinball Video settings to the same.

thank for the help, I'm set up perfectly and gotten familiar with everything. Takes awhile get everything proper with this Pinmame deal.

It's very much is worth it. I was "this" close to losing my patience and forgetting about the whole thing. I wonder how many others just get frustrated and just forget about it? Anyway, it's like crack to me now and I'm thinking about making a few tables in the future.

With the Easy Install kit and all the people to help, I'd suppose there are a few people who still can't understand how to follow directions. Everything has help files, so I'd guess we probably 'rescue' 20% of people who download the programs. 60% also can manage it on their own with no help whatsoever - which leaves 20% that do exactly that - get frustrated and forget about it. Then half of those go out and buy commercial products with everything installed and 24/7 paid commercial support. The other half are completely hopeless. I'm happy you're not one of them Wangho!

With the Easy Install kit and all the people to help, I'd suppose there are a few people who still can't understand how to follow directions. Everything has help files, so I'd guess we probably 'rescue' 20% of people who download the programs. 60% also can manage it on their own with no help whatsoever - which leaves 20% that do exactly that - get frustrated and forget about it. Then half of those go out and buy commercial products with everything installed and 24/7 paid commercial support. The other half are completely hopeless. I'm happy you're not one of them Wangho!
This assumes the EIK/VIP is the path people use to install it - thanks to Phoenixx a lot of the pain has been removed. Before I ever found the VPF, I used the now defunct Pinballsim installer, and had no idea where to turn when I had issues as they provided no help.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: AnushDCosta is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back