cant play Monster bash, missing files!

faralos

Faralos
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flash
I just downloaded Monster bash, and vp is telling me i am missing the WPC.WBS file! What is this? all my other pins work! I have the right rom but it still won't work. can anyone help me?

I just downloaded Monster bash, and vp is telling me i am missing the WPC.WBS file! What is this? all my other pins work! I have the right rom but it still won't work. can anyone help me?

A lot of older tables were written differently for the section of the script that loads the VBS specific file. You can usually fix the problem by doing the following:

Open the table script (for the table that gives you a warning message) and look for this line:

ExecuteGlobal CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").OpenTextFile(VBSfile, 1).ReadAll

Replace it with this line:

ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile(VBSFile)

Save the change and run the table.

wtiger, I have that problem frequently because I like to keep the scripts in the scripts folder - it's just neater. Your solution finds the scripts there, so I change a lot of my tables that way. I've never seen the either method cause trouble if the scripts are in the tables folder though, so if you drop the scripts in the tables folder it should work regardless.

Am I wrong?

Am I wrong?
No, thats correct.

Tables folder always works, but Scripts folder only works with the line posted by wtiger. I dont exactly know why that is but thats how its been ever since i started to use VP/VPM. Probably a folder priority thing that has to do with how VBasic looks for files or something like that,...

WTiger! that worked! thanks! I've added to your rep, don't know why it works but hey I never looked a gift horse...!

wtiger, I have that problem frequently because I like to keep the scripts in the scripts folder - it's just neater. Your solution finds the scripts there, so I change a lot of my tables that way. I've never seen the either method cause trouble if the scripts are in the tables folder though, so if you drop the scripts in the tables folder it should work regardless.

Am I wrong?

Yeah, you are correct. I am like you, I prefer to have the scripts in the scripts folder too.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Isaac Sauvage has posted a new reply in the thread "How to Install Addressable LEDs".
      Back